Jungling isn't my thing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brendon12343

11-12-2012

Ive been wanting to learn how to jungle in draft pick but i keep getting harrassed of how i havent been ganking or im under leveled. I would love to learn the basics and I cant learn in bots as they wouldn't play like regular draft picks. Can someone help me with learning to jungle? I tend to play lee sin or maokai jungle so could I have a few pointers on jungling with them?

MaximusEvil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

ahhaahha, when people *****, just say, Im only the jungler, dont blame me for your failings, then mute their ass, and dont bother helpin them.

Mao start E, steal enemy wraith camp, then start blue, then Q to wolves, taking W after your own wraiths, then gank either mid or top.

Lee start W, start wraiths, then red, fast gank bot lvl 2, take Q, and proceed to rape. I've done this path on lee mostly everytime, and I can usually guarantee first blood with it.

Skury420

11-12-2012

first off, if your the jungler, and your teammates lose lane, remember, its your fault you wrent camping, or its your fault your udnerleveled cause you camped top, or its your fault you camped bot and top decided to start feeding that tryndamere. or whatever, doesnt matter

Shadogi

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon12343 View Post
Ive been wanting to learn how to jungle in draft pick but i keep getting harrassed of how i havent been ganking or im under leveled. I would love to learn the basics and I cant learn in bots as they wouldn't play like regular draft picks. Can someone help me with learning to jungle? I tend to play lee sin or maokai jungle so could I have a few pointers on jungling with them?
A couple of things from my, limited, perspective:

1) A junglers role is to be the icing on the cake for the team. If your teammate is losing their lane, then you need to be there to push them back, but, at the same time, if they are terrible at their lane, there's not much you can do.

2) Your real job, which nobody seems to understand, is to control buffs, kill enemy wards and keep your own wards up. If you didn't exist, the enemy player would control the entire jungle, gaining experience and buffs along the way.

3) You will almost always be under-leveled compared to the rest of your team. Farming lanes grants experience much faster than jungling unless you get some early kills in, which won't happen if the enemy laners don't over push their lanes.

4) Failed ganks aren't necessarily failed. If the lane was being pushed hard and you gave your friend breathing room, consider it a success. Additionally, if you made the enemy blow flash or other defensive cool downs, come back in 30-60 seconds to finish them off. Far too many people relax after the initial engagement only to be caught with their pants down soon after.

5) Theoddone did a series of Jungling YouTube daily casts with various champions ~6 months ago that are still relevant today. The items you picks up might be a little different given the patching that has happened, but the skills and game knowledge that he espouses are exactly the same. Not only that, but his commentary is pretty funny, so, if nothing else, they are entertaining to watch.

I hope this helps a little!

Brendon12343

11-12-2012

Thanks for the responses guys I'll try to work on my jungling soon.

playerwinner

11-12-2012

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...9&feature=plcp

Devour these videos, newest are at the bottom so 127 is the newest.

Goozik

11-12-2012

Sadly I would say. WAIT. Season 3 is about to start, which comes with jungle, item changes and who know's what else. Focus your time on another part of the game for now.

lockpooh

11-12-2012

I posted this elsewhere, but reposting for you

Runes:

Greater Quintessence of Swiftness
Greater Mark of Alacrity
Greater Seal of Resilience
Greater Glyph of Shielding

Masteries are 0/21/9

I level ablities as R>Q>W>E priority but start with E>Q>Q>W

Start with boots + 3 pots, start at wraiths. Toss down a sapling at 1:05, again as soon as the next one comes up, don't pop the third until 1:39 so it lands as they pop up at 1:40. You need the extra drop dmg so you can 1/2 shot the main wraith and move on. If you pop all 3 before they come up, you'll need to 1 shot the little ones and 3 shot the big on. This makes mid and top / bottom wait for you at blue as it WILL come up before you get there. They won't thank you for this!

The jungle path is straight forward Wraiths > Blue > Wolves > Wraiths > Red > Golems> Wraiths > Wolves and back. I typically pick up the 2 items for Philo and a ward. If you can gank, do it now!

Movement speed is king on Maokai, people will run from you when ever they see you. You'll be chasing people down more then tanking them. When you jump on them, it's really a case of W > E > Q > R. The gap closer, sapling for dmg, run ahead of them and W them back and hit R if it's up. Don't underestimate the dmg from R! It can mean the difference of a kill and them getting away with a sliver of health.

Check out http://www.own3d.tv/SoloMid/video/318858 . This was awhile ago, so the clear times are way off. But the route and gank style are the same. Notice his combos when jumping someone, it's pretty much the same every time. Just delay W & Q or you'll be stacking CC and losing potency. Toss a sapling and the delay of the toss will be enough to not stack your CC. If you come up against someone like Darius, he will hurt more you think. If he starts wailing on you start to kite after your Q, DON'T JUST EAT IT EARLY GAME. Kiting works like this

Q: Slow him and lead him on
E: Toss a sapling for DMG
W: Don't be afraid to root him and run. Unless he is good, he won't expect it and you'll root and move on without him getting a hit off. If you are low, don't be afraid to root if you think it'll net a kill for your team. Be brave!

Because of your speed quints & early boots, you'll move faster then most. Kiting should be a breeze. You will do this a lot, so get the practice in. While you are a tank, you can't take as much abuse as you would think against someone like Darius, Olaf or Jax if your lane holds someone like Vlad who doesn't have the burst early game.

Maokai is awesome, but he's not for everyone. When I first tried him, I didn't like him at all. But a few months later I came back and he's epic for me now. My play style changed and it just clicked. Don't be discouraged if it doesn't work out the first few games.

Also, a link to the first successful guide I used. http://www.lolpro.com/guides/maokai/...jungle-by-chu8

Brendon12343

11-12-2012

Wow thanks. This should help.

mnun

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon12343 View Post
Ok so I've been playing Lee sin Alot recently and I've fallen in love with him, there are many skill orders to use with him, but I believe that picking up w first is wrong, it makes no sense to get w first when you plan on ganking after red or blue.

Well I'll just give you a Lil guide on what I've been doing with Lee.
R > E> Q> W
Runes: Armor pen reds
Mv speed quints
Armor yellows
Mg resist blues.

I run 21/0/9 masteries in the ad tree.

Start cloth 5 and go to wraiths first, get some help on wraiths then a leash on red.
If you want to gank top or bottom at lvl 2

If you aren't going to gank for pick up your W, (forgot to mention to start with e), and move to wolves, then wraiths and pick up your Q at level 3.
If lanes are pushed then go back and pick up boots.

Ganking.
Open up a gank usually with your Q, if the enemy is close enough just walk up and E them, then Q when they flash away.

My usual build is
Cloth 5
Boots
Wriggles
Merc treads or ninja tabi
Frozen mallet
Bloodthirster

Usually when you get your core it's gg.
Idk I probably left out a lot of stuff, so if you need more help just ask