Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Most overpowered and underpowered champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LastLaughLol

11-13-2012

Quote:
ninjamanjoseph:
Why do you think Nunu is UP?

Nunu is not UP. He has an amazing zoning ult. A steroid you can put on anyone, that gives basically as they call it "free phantom dancer" A ATTACKSPEED DEBUFF for the enemy carry, and can bait in the middle of a team fight by eating a minion. He is one of the best oracle carriers in the game. Nunu is far from UP. His utility is not in the champion himself, but rather, what he brings to the team.

Toshironikko

11-13-2012

first of all i would like to say any champ can be "op" given the right person is playing them and is pwning everybody ~ however there are obvious game changing champs ~

Amumu - super tanky with good AoE cc - if his team mates also have stuns or other cc its pretty much gg

Blitzcrank - one grab from him and you are 1v2 (if ur lucky) or 1v5 late game

Skarner - pretty much same as Blitz - his grab can take out one of your team mates pretty fast - the balance for this over blitz's is range and cooldown since its guaranteed pull for skarner

Swain - he can just build tanky go in the middle of a team and ult and pick up two kills and walk away

Underpowered also depend on whose playing them but my opinion ~

Sejuani - besides her ult and cc doesnt do alot of dmg and not really good tank but thats about the only thing she can do

I might say Karma if i didnt see a guy completely own with her mid building her tanky ap

LastLaughLol

11-13-2012

Quote:
raidenking1:
for ur op's i agree with everything save janna and morg, who i would replace with blitz sona or taric, and orianna respectively. all of those character have gained so much more favor in the competitive scene. for example an orianna malph ult is so much more deadly than just a morg ult, and so much more efficient. in the underpowered i disagree with zin and ziggs. i will agree tht ziggs is a fairly weak mage but syndra elise and victory i would put lower. ziggs at the least has spamable good poke/ burst. semi global presence, and has an escape. while xin got buffed and now is fairly strong.

i will have to note tht ez is prob better than graves cause ez's combo is just soooo strong mgc/ phy dmg mix tht is really strong. he isnt as strong at dueling as before but his dmg is still really strong. and he is a really safe carry to play cause of how short the cd on his blink is not including the cdr from hitting ur q's

There is nothing strongly wrong with either Ziggs or Viktor. Ziggs has the damage, but, how will you kill carries using his kit when theyre sitting behind a tank and an off tank. His kit is great for laning phase, and for objective control, but for straight up team fights its not amazing. He is used more for poke team comps.

Viktor is really strong, his different sets on ranges on his spells make him feel really clunky and people dont like playing him. The problem is not with his damages, or with his utility, but rather, how it all comes together in the game itself. On paper he sounds quite good, but in the actual game, his execution is not as smooth.Combined with the fact he is not an easy-pick up and faceroll champion, and the whole "wasting an item slot" controversy, makes him an unpopular pick. Once in a very great while, you'll see an amazing Viktor, and thats the only way you will see his potential.

And I didnt address your accusation of Elise being underpowered, because its simply not true. Elise is good. She is a wither-down poke champion who can deal burst dmg, has CC, 2 second invulnerability, and sustain. Shes got a strong kit because of this. What seperates the good Elise's from the bad is how they build and how the engage in late game team fights. With her increased scaling this patch, it should be easier to carry with her as AP Elise. Nonetheless, she is a good pick, and definetly viable.

11-13-2012

That list is pretty terrible.

Over powered:
Jax Irelia, Diana, Katarina, Lee Sin, Malphite, Skarner, Rengar, Zyra, Sona, Shen, Amumu, Wukong, Teemo

Under powered:
Hecariam,Karma, Zed, Poppy, Lulu, Heimer, Urgot, Syndra, Kha Zix

Sir Longfellow

11-13-2012

My opinion on your picks
1. Malphite: Actually many bruisers can be just as, if not, tankier than many tanks. It would be a waste in most cases though because they lack utility while have higher damage-based scaling. Malphite in this case, has damage scaling off of armor so he has less incentive to build damage. I don't think he's OP though...
2. Graves: Graves gets a little extra durability to synergize with his Buckshot and Quickdraw abilities, however he lacks the kiting ability of many other carries and personally I don't think he's one of the more damaging ones.
3. Shen: He scales off of virtually every stat, I can somewhat agree with this one.
4. Nunu: Can only permaslow one target, ultimate is gimmicky, Consume is highly situational. Has pros and cons, not OP.
5. Morgana: Morg is a really good champ, but ALL of her abilities can be counterplayed so she's balanced.
6. Katarina: Yea she's a pubstomper. Squishy melee lol.
7. Amumu: I totally agree
8, Taric: I disagree, his stun isn't really THAT big of a deal imo.
9. Janna: Has counterplay just like Morg
10. Kog'maw: He's supposed to do tons of damage and be long range lol... however he can't kite very well, terrible escape, extremely squishy.

1. Xin Zhao: His scaling is different from other champs, he has really high base AS which means AS items give him a much bigger bonus than others, I think he has the highest besides Teemo and Twitch.. by a longshot. 3TS does 75 +1.2AD per hit. 80% is a pretty huge AS steroid with that base AS. Ult hurts lol.
2. Twitch: Very wrong... his base stats are actually high for a ranged AD. His HP is low, but he has the highest AS in the game, armor is rather decent, above average MS, range is average. Gets 300 bonus range with his ult. Does tons of damage in general. Stealth may be counterable, but he still gets a MS bonus and a rather large AS bonus.
3. Karma: I''ve seen Karma played quite well... don't assume champs are bad because they aren't popular.
4. Heimerdinger: Haven't used him on SR, but I'm sure he can fit if you focus on his laning/pushing strengths. I'm sure he's bad in solo queue though.
5. Master Yi: He's hit or miss, but when he hits he hits HARD.
6. Tryndamere: Same as Yi.
7. Sejuani: This is a common misconception. Sejuani is like what Amumu would be like if he was balanced lol. She's the fastest and most evasive tank by far, she can sustain very well if you get a philo stone. Does rather good damage if you get HP. On average Northern Winds does the around the same damage as Despair, which means it's more dangerous to squishies. It works well as a soft taunt combined with her permaslow.
8. Ziggs: Ziggs pokes well and makes it hard for the other team to initiate safely, while also punishing them greatly for attempting to. That's his strength.
9. Fiora: Like all melee carries, hit or miss, though Fiora can be closer to the middle ground than Tryn and Yi due to her ultimate and decent laning.
10. Fiddlesticks: I agree. Fear can be devastating in certain comps though, practically forces the opposing team to get mercs, which isn't a huge deal but still.

I personally think Cho Gath is a little too strong. Great scaling and base damage on a true damage ability that also gives free HP ensuring he won't die if he plays smart. ****, great scaling and base damage in general. Additionally he has great sustain and is effective at ALL parts of the game. Not to mention, Rupture is a lot more reliable due to it's latest change.

Evolnemesis

11-14-2012

According the the threads on the forums now, Zed is both very underpowered AND very overpowered AT THE SAME TIME...

Minute 31

11-14-2012

Quote:
BladedOctopus:

Twitch is weak. I agree.

Twitch was recently called out as being one of the better AD carries and I've seen him carry out a few tournaments. Just need to delay it out into late late late game.

Minute 31

11-14-2012

Quote:
Evolnemesis:
According the the threads on the forums now, Zed is both very underpowered AND very overpowered AT THE SAME TIME...

I think the people calling him underpowered are playing him top lane mostly.

As an assassin, he can't really stand up to a bruiser, though I was playing Jax.

Where as the jungle Zed on my team at the time carried the game so hard he sold his boots for an extra Phantom Dancer.

MadMonty

11-17-2012

Quote:
paramitepie:
What? Heimer is OP.

Not really against ranged champs, i hate when i place a turret and the enemy just shoots it out of the turrets range =.=* but against a lot of non-gap closing melee he is awesome

MadMonty

11-17-2012

Ummmmm ANIVIA is way OP well i dont know about that but she is amazing everyone underestimates her so i get easy kills first up and snowball from there ^_^