Most overpowered and underpowered champions

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LastLaughLol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I think good Jannas are great. But shes been nerfed so hard and so many, that I have mixed feelings for her utility past laning phase and into late game.

Oficinaman

11-12-2012

OP champs... hmmm there are really not that many (not considering counters) but I think OP champs are:
1) RENGAR
2) Zyra
3) Malphite
4) Blitzcrank
5) Fizz

That's all IMHO, but the most OP champ is by far Rengar.

Jackal In A Hat

11-12-2012

As a long time PC gamer, I hesitate to use the words overpowered or underpowered, cause that is often subjective to elo and playstyle.

However, sitting at about 350 positive normal wins, I can say these champs really scare me:
Jax
Akali
Amumu
Le Blanc
Pantheon
Blitzcrank
Alistar

And these champs I have no fear of, not just in terms of their likelihood to kill me but of their overall influence on the game:
Heimerdinger
Mundo (I know, but lately he's just been so non-threatening...)
Jarvan
Singed
Trundle
Zilean
Nasus

LastLaughLol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal In A Hat View Post
As a long time PC gamer, I hesitate to use the words overpowered or underpowered, cause that is often subjective to elo and playstyle.

However, sitting at about 350 positive normal wins, I can say these champs really scare me:
Jax
Akali
Amumu
Le Blanc
Pantheon
Blitzcrank
Alistar

And these champs I have no fear of, not just in terms of their likelihood to kill me but of their overall influence on the game:
Heimerdinger
Jarvan
Singed
Trundle
Zilean
Nasus
You have no fear of Singed? You need to get more game played xP

Gradeus

11-12-2012

What I think is a bit strong at the moment (in no particular order):

Alistar - Tanky support, excellent CC to say the least, and a good sustainable heal with an ult that makes towerdiving bot at 6 a cheese. Obnoxious to face in lane, wards help prevent lane deaths but don't help much with being zoned unless you can push him back given the vision.

Amumu - Ridiculous ult with a % damage toggle, has a nice hookshot to keep on enemies with a nice endgame tank kit. Scary as he11 to have this thing chase you across the map.

Skarner - Tanky, does good damage, and his dives and initiates are very strong IMO. Permaslows are annoying as well to say the least. Performs well in all stages of the game.

Shen - Doesn't do obnoxious damage, but his tanking/split-pushing capabilites are really strong with his taunt and global ult. Useful for mid/endgame pushing and presence.

Morgana - Pretty strong in lane, less killpower and more farm and sustainability. Ganking her is very difficult and she can push your lane with a single ability. The CC she brings is very strong in teamfights, with an anti-CC shield that blocks a lot of the enemy mage's burst.

Malphite - Scary initate with an ability that gets stronger by building defense. That in itself is great, and the long range of the ult makes initiating a fight easy if your team pops a Shurelia's to move in and capitalize. Better off late game though.

Blitzcrank - CC bot, grabs can turn potential fights into 5v4s, and has a spammable pop-up and speed boost, with a massive AoE silence for disruption. Early game wards are decent grab-prevention methods. Strong at all phases of the game.

Maokai - Amazing ganks, gap-closing root and knockback as was stated is really strong. Damage reduction ult is useful later in teamfights, or being OP as shown here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOggQsspVH4 from 2:02.

Ahri - I may be just a fan, but she has a strong CC, high mobility, and true damage with low CDs and homing priority abilities. She's also a great pusher, farmer, and ganker with good laning power and sustainability.

And people need to know what the world of Karma is all about, people! :3

Darthnachox

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal In A Hat View Post

Jax
Akali
Amumu
Le Blanc
Pantheon
Blitzcrank
Alistar

Heimerdinger
Jarvan
Singed
Trundle
Zilean
Nasus
Yea singed scares the **** out of me. I personally love playing jungle singed carried a few games that way lol.

JohntheMage

11-12-2012

I would disagree on the following:

OP list:

Graves, Taric, and Kog. Graves has short range and doesn't scale as well late-game as some. Taric is solid, but not overpowered (he's easy to use, but he falls behind other supports in some other areas). Kog is a monster late-game - hence the 'protect the kog' strat - however, he is really
vulnerable in lane, especially pre-6. He also needs quite a bit of farm to become a deadly killing machine.

UP list:

Ziggs. He really is quite strong I think. Of course having all his abilities as skill shots makes him considerably more difficult to play well, but I think he has quite a bit of potential. Ziggs just isn't as safe as some other picks.

sonofzeal

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamanjoseph View Post
8. Ziggs: I think that Ziggs really can't come close to other ap carries. I think his kit is pretty weak and he doesn't really excel at anything.
Agreed he's got some issues, but.... really? The dude with the longest average range in the entire game, and for whom every single ability is AoE, is entirely generic jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none to you?

Ziggs is super squishy, has significant mana issues, has ridiculously huge cooldowns, has only very soft CC, and his only escape/mobility requires a delicate setup and is notoriously finicky. His burst is theoretically high on paper if even half his mines hit, but the nature of the skills and lack of hard CC prevent him from playing like a burst champion in most games. He's not the strongest champion, his winrate is sub-par, and he could possibly use a buff. But saying he doesn't excel at anything is patently false, given that his whole problem is more that he's almost cripplingly over-specialized in long range poke and area denial.

He's good on ARAM though, and I've had good luck with him on Dominion, because both of those cater to his specialties.

NoJay

11-12-2012

Janna is one of the hardest ADC protectors to play. When you play great with Janna you are rewarded. I dont think a passive support should need a nerf.

Doggydog123579

11-12-2012

UP you seam to have furgoten Urgot. In my opinion OP has to go to darius.

1234567 ... 8