Most overpowered and underpowered champions

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-12-2012

still waiting on that malphite burst. All ive seen is his wombocombo

and no, ziggs clearly excells at nothing. Nothing at all

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-12-2012

there's so much to say about this list lol

ninjamanjoseph

11-12-2012

^ say it

awesomejak

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamanjoseph View Post
Hey everyone,

So i'm not a high elo player only just getting to ranked but i've seen some champions i think are weak and some i think are strong. Also however i want to see what other people think. List your top 10 most underpowered and overpowered champions and if you want top 3 or 5 by role and bottom 3 or 5 by role. Here's mine. Please respect my opinions and the opinions of others.

Overpowered

1. Malphite: His ultimate is just so damn good if you know when to use it, he has pretty good burst damage + cc and he is ridiculously tanky for what riot considers a "fighter". Personally i think he's more of a tank.
2. Graves: He's really the best attack damage carry out there in my opinion. Does insane damage while being tankier then most other ad carries.
3. Shen: Not too much to say other then he's really tanky and really powerful + his ultimate is ridiculously good.
4. Nunu: I know this is going to be controversial but i think he's really good as a support and a jungler. In jungle he's mobile, has good ganks, and is really good in the jungle itself. As a support he make's his adc powerful while poking the enemy carry to oblivion. Late game he can buff his adc, perma-exhaust the enemy adc and disable or damage an entire team with his ultimate. I love playing nunu but i honestly think he's too strong.
5. Morgana: In lane she farms excellently and is ungankable. Late game her ridiculous utility continues. She has a huge shield, 2 stuns, and a magic resist debuff. Her damage isn't excellent but because she farms so well she should have a pretty good item advantage. Forgot to say her passive gives her ridiculous sustainability in lane.
6. Katarina: Maybe she's a pubstomper but her damage output is absolutely ridiculous. Not too much else to say.
7. Amumu: I think some people will disagree with this but i think he's just too strong all around. He's really tanky, he has godly ganks, and late game his ultimate can stun an entire team while he deals high aoe damage with his w and e.
8, Taric: So awesome in lane with his stun, heal, aura, and burst damage. Late game he's alright but i think he's just too strong early game for him to be balanced.
9. Janna: I think Janna has a really strong kit. Her q if charged can be really devastating but can also be used to make an escape. Press q twice quickly and watch your enemy fall behind you. After that she has a shield and an excellent ultimate that can heal your entire team while also having some good use against the enemy team. Her passive is the icing on the cake of an excellent support.
10. Kog'maw: Excellent long range damage and is ridiculous late game.

Underpowered

1. Xin Zhao: No scaling. He's decent early game and absolute horse**** late game.
2. Twitch: Short range, weak base stats other then ad, and weak kit. His stealth is really easy to counter also.
3. Karma: I've seen her once so i just have to assume.
4. Heimerdinger: I feel like he could be good, but he just isn't. His ultimate is really weak and doesn't make his other spells all that much better. His e is hard to hit and his sentries have no use late game. I like Heimer and i really want to see him buffed.
5. Master Yi: He's really good at 1v1 fighting but i don't really think he's particularly good at any role and is bad late game. He's really good if you don't keep him under control though.
6. Tryndamere: He has a good ultimate but he has absolutely no use late game unless the other team decides not to group up.
7. Sejuani: Doesn't really do any damage and doesn't really do too much of anything.
8. Ziggs: I think that Ziggs really can't come close to other ap carries. I think his kit is pretty weak and he doesn't really excel at anything.
9. Fiora: Like other melee carries there doesn't really seem to be a place for her. She can't really excel at any particular role.
10. Fiddlesticks: Good early game and can constantly send an enemy back to base but he really can't do damage late game without his ultimate which is on a huge cd. He's not in a horrible state but i think he is somewhat underpowered

So lets see what you guys think...

-Ninjamanjoseph
Most of these champs are fine no op champs here. The up champs need to be played correctly... The last game I played ziggs in there was a twitch on my team so keep that in mind. I won lane against a syndra she killed me 3 times and I didn't kill her once, but that doesn't matter most kills went to twitch. So about 25:16 we were all at dragon (my team) and they decide to come and attack us. The come through the bush and they are a little spread out, I throw my satchel charge to push some of them back and get them in a group; I throw down my E to slow them. By this time my team has engaged :) so I throw my ult doing just under 800 damage(I didn't have my full build) to them all.(best part right here) twitch gets a penta and it leads to a surrender... The point? I suck with ziggs yet with the right timing and poking (a lot of poking) you can greatly give your team the advantage. Twitch is still pretty good being able to 4 shot people to death. Oh and fiddlesticks is easy to play no doubt (but with every champ you have to learn something) but you have to learn positioning when to come in fights when to leave and when to pull of your combo his ult works amazing with champs that have and AOE stun. He does a good 2k with his ult on a full build. Just my thoughts.

RagnarokChu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

You have to remember that "overpowered" would mean they outclass every single other champion in everyway or unfairly have advantages over other characters. Not just being annoyingly good. Your underpowered picks are pretty good though.

Quote:

Overpowered

1. Malphite: A extremely good pick in the jungle or top lane BUT the main reason he is banned is because of his ultimate Initiation, people of any elo hate instant easy tanky initiators because they can turn the tide of the game with little work. (Cho'gath would be an example of a similar champ)

2. Graves: After the nerfs he's balanced with the other carries to be honest. Ezreal has taken over his place as "best general carry" and then he has been recently nerfed.

3. Shen: Main reason he is banned is his ultimate, people hate things being turned around them as well as the plays you can make with it.

4. Nunu: Nunu was completely never really played in any lane or jungle what so ever until recent tournaments showed he was a really good support with hyper carries.

5. Morgana: She isn't picked at higher skillcap people because if you look past all of her abilities, she is completely shutdown by not being hit by her Q or just instantly focusing and killing her in a fight. She's a mage that has to get in the middle of everyone to be effective. The shield nerf really put her in her place.

6. Katarina: I agree, damage is extremely high and alot higher to prevent.

7. Amumu: He's pretty balanced in general, sharing the same role with Nautilus.

8, Taric: Sona is so much better then taric at doing what you said.

9. Janna: Decent support with draven or similar carries, extremely easy to misplay her though and screw over your team. So much easier to play taric/sona/soraka/leona/ect.

10. Kog'maw: Balanced by really bad early game and no escapes.

Underpowered

1. Xin Zhao: He has a history of being godlike or completely useless due to his kit,
2. Twitch: Remade left much to be desired.
3. Karma: Mantra system restricts her too much.
4. Heimerdinger: Remakes/nerfs made him useless.
5. Master Yi: Outdated abilities and concept, needs a remake/changes to kit in general.
6. Tryndamere: Read Master Yi.
7. Sejuani: Doesn't belong in any lane and is bad at jungling.
8. Ziggs: Too high mana cost and CDs for E, W, R.
9. Fiora: Read Master Yi and trydamere,
10. Fiddlesticks: Nerfs made him nonviable for a optimal team.

-Ninjamanjoseph

Breylin

11-12-2012

overpowered: sona
underpowered: karma

love karma but can't play her compared to sona..

paramitepie

11-12-2012

What? Heimer is OP.

port5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Hey everyone,

9. Janna: I think Janna has a really strong kit. Her q if charged can be really devastating but can also be used to make an escape. Press q twice quickly and watch your enemy fall behind you. After that she has a shield and an excellent ultimate that can heal your entire team while also having some good use against the enemy team. Her passive is the icing on the cake of an excellent support.

10. Kog'maw: Excellent long range damage and is ridiculous late game.

Underpowered

1. Xin Zhao: No scaling. He's decent early game and absolute horse**** late game.

10. Fiddlesticks: Good early game and can constantly send an enemy back to base but he really can't do damage late game without his ultimate which is on a huge cd. He's not in a horrible state but i think he is somewhat underpowered

-Ninjamanjoseph
Janna is rarely used and not a very good support in lane.

Kog maw lacks 1v1 power and is not a powerful ad, hybrid, or ap, based on how his abilities scale. Yes his range is murderous.

Xin Zhao is like darius. 100% tanky build, still hits like a semi truck, kinda like malphite.

Fiddlesticks... I don't really know what this guy is. He is underpowered in some ways and overpowered in others. He basically can only do one thing right and that is straight up 1v1 fights, because technically fiddelsticks is the best 1v1 champion in the game (lacking ignite or something similar) if you get some armor, mr, ap, and spell vamp, making you stay at full health throughout the entire fight. You get a 3 second stun-Esq ability, and if they stay in range your drain is practically infinite. However, he is susceptible to cc, he is entirely a balls-to-the-wall character like darius, but does not have a finisher like him, and many many MANY other problems with him.

port5

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeRob View Post
Master Yi and Teemo. They do way to much damage even when they aren't fed.
Master yi's damage is horse **** when he isn't fed.

ninjamanjoseph

11-12-2012

Nice responses guys keep it coming

123456 ... 8