Most overpowered and underpowered champions

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninjamanjoseph

11-12-2012

Hey everyone,

So i'm not a high elo player only just getting to ranked but i've seen some champions i think are weak and some i think are strong. Also however i want to see what other people think. List your top 10 most underpowered and overpowered champions and if you want top 3 or 5 by role and bottom 3 or 5 by role. Here's mine. Please respect my opinions and the opinions of others.

Overpowered

1. Malphite: His ultimate is just so damn good if you know when to use it, he has pretty good burst damage + cc and he is ridiculously tanky for what riot considers a "fighter". Personally i think he's more of a tank.
2. Graves: He's really the best attack damage carry out there in my opinion. Does insane damage while being tankier then most other ad carries.
3. Shen: Not too much to say other then he's really tanky and really powerful + his ultimate is ridiculously good.
4. Nunu: I know this is going to be controversial but i think he's really good as a support and a jungler. In jungle he's mobile, has good ganks, and is really good in the jungle itself. As a support he make's his adc powerful while poking the enemy carry to oblivion. Late game he can buff his adc, perma-exhaust the enemy adc and disable or damage an entire team with his ultimate. I love playing nunu but i honestly think he's too strong.
5. Morgana: In lane she farms excellently and is ungankable. Late game her ridiculous utility continues. She has a huge shield, 2 stuns, and a magic resist debuff. Her damage isn't excellent but because she farms so well she should have a pretty good item advantage. Forgot to say her passive gives her ridiculous sustainability in lane.
6. Katarina: Maybe she's a pubstomper but her damage output is absolutely ridiculous. Not too much else to say.
7. Amumu: I think some people will disagree with this but i think he's just too strong all around. He's really tanky, he has godly ganks, and late game his ultimate can stun an entire team while he deals high aoe damage with his w and e.
8, Taric: So awesome in lane with his stun, heal, aura, and burst damage. Late game he's alright but i think he's just too strong early game for him to be balanced.
9. Janna: I think Janna has a really strong kit. Her q if charged can be really devastating but can also be used to make an escape. Press q twice quickly and watch your enemy fall behind you. After that she has a shield and an excellent ultimate that can heal your entire team while also having some good use against the enemy team. Her passive is the icing on the cake of an excellent support.
10. Kog'maw: Excellent long range damage and is ridiculous late game.

Underpowered

1. Xin Zhao: No scaling. He's decent early game and absolute horse**** late game.
2. Twitch: Short range, weak base stats other then ad, and weak kit. His stealth is really easy to counter also.
3. Karma: I've seen her once so i just have to assume.
4. Heimerdinger: I feel like he could be good, but he just isn't. His ultimate is really weak and doesn't make his other spells all that much better. His e is hard to hit and his sentries have no use late game. I like Heimer and i really want to see him buffed.
5. Master Yi: He's really good at 1v1 fighting but i don't really think he's particularly good at any role and is bad late game. He's really good if you don't keep him under control though.
6. Tryndamere: He has a good ultimate but he has absolutely no use late game unless the other team decides not to group up.
7. Sejuani: Doesn't really do any damage and doesn't really do too much of anything.
8. Ziggs: I think that Ziggs really can't come close to other ap carries. I think his kit is pretty weak and he doesn't really excel at anything.
9. Fiora: Like other melee carries there doesn't really seem to be a place for her. She can't really excel at any particular role.
10. Fiddlesticks: Good early game and can constantly send an enemy back to base but he really can't do damage late game without his ultimate which is on a huge cd. He's not in a horrible state but i think he is somewhat underpowered

So lets see what you guys think...

-Ninjamanjoseph

Electreaux

11-12-2012

Gonna give my feedback on some of your selections...

Malphite is a fighter, but he plays more like a tank because his ultimate is one of the best initiators in the game.

Graves is supposed to be tankier because his Buckshot can only be used best when you're in somebody's face. His late game doesn't dominate like Vayne or Kog'Maw though, he drops off a bit.

Shen is permabanned because of his utility, but he's not really overpowered.

Nunu is good fun. His ult is strong if allowed to channel all the way, but if you interrupt it as soon as it starts then you won't be screwed. While he Is also strong in the jungle and valuable as a support, his Consume can lead to unwanted pushing and he doesn't do much when his cooldowns are up, unless he has a Shurelyas or other such item.

I personally don't know how I feel about Morgana. Her scaling is really good, and her utility is great, but when she ults in she can be cc'd away, unless she shields herself, meaning she doesn't have her shield to save someone else if needed. She's VERY strong, but I'm not sure if she's overpowered.

Amumu is the defnition of late game tank, but to use him best your team needs really good communication to follow up on his ult.

Taric is a strong support, people have known this for awhile. Given the prevalence of poke teams nowadays, short range Taric is starting to lose his sparkle(HA. sparkle. gems.) and Sona is a popular pick over him.

Every part of Janna's kit has been nerfed in the past.

And the underpowered champs...

People call Xin Zhao "Win Nao" for a reason. His strong early game usually leads to a strong, fed late game as well. 120% scaling on his Q, and 100% of bonus AD scaling on his ult, along with 15% hp damage + an enormous knockback + a max armor bonus of 125 says his scaling and usefulness are pretty high.

Twitch is weak. I agree.

Both Karma and Heimerdinger have reworks on the way. Karma has no "real" ult and some people still call Zyra "Heimer 2.0"

All the melee carries(Master Yi Tryndamere Fiora Gangplank) are falling way behind in the current meta. Maybe Season 3 will change that, we'll wait and see. Any dedicated Master Yi player can win games with his backdoors on his own, though.

Sejuani is weak only because her jungling sustain is poor. Her clears are rather fast, and she deals more damage if you build more Health. Her late game initiation and lockdown with Glacial Prison is very, very good.

Ziggs is more of a support, imo. His satchel charge and minefield let him dictate where a battle will take place, and his ult can be used to initiate or clean up kills. Also don't forget, he has ALL AoE abilties, that are also skillshots. Ziggs players that don't think before using abilities severely cripple Ziggs' huge potential. Also, Ziggs is a murderer on ARAM.

Fiddle is pretty weak in lane, and VERY weak in the current jungle. A well timed/placed Crowstorm can and WILL deal tons of damage, but if you don't use it well/don't use it at all, he is pretty much a fear bot.

CeeRob

11-12-2012

Master Yi and Teemo. They do way to much damage even when they aren't fed.

LastLaughLol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladedOctopus View Post
Gonna give my feedback on some of your selections...

Malphite is a fighter, but he plays more like a tank because his ultimate is one of the best initiators in the game.

Graves is supposed to be tankier because his Buckshot can only be used best when you're in somebody's face.

Shen is permabanned because of his utility, but he's not really overpowered.

I personally don't know how I feel about Morgana. Her scaling is really good, and her utility is great, but when she ults in she can be cc'd away, unless she shields herself, meaning she doesn't have her shield to save someone else if needed. She's strong, but I'm not sure if she's overpowered.

Amumu is the defnition of late game tank, but to use him best your team needs really good communication to follow up on his ult.

Taric is a strong support, people have known this for awhile. Given the prevalence of poke teams nowadays, short range Taric is starting to lose his sparkle(HA. sparkle. gems.) and Sona is a popular pick over him.

Every part of Janna's kit has been nerfed in the past.

And the underpowered champs...

People call Xin Zhao "Win Nao" for a reason. His strong early game usually leads to a strong, fed late game as well. 120% scaling on his Q, and 100% of bonus AD scaling on his ult, along with 15% hp damage + an enormous knockback + a max armor bonus of 125 says his scaling and usefulness are pretty high.

Twitch is weak. I agree.

Both Karma and Heimerdinger have reworks on the way. Karma has no "real" ult and some people still call Zyra "Heimer 2.0"

All the melee carries(Master Yi Tryndamere Fiora Gangplank) are falling way behind in the current meta. Maybe Season 3 will change that, we'll wait and see. Any dedicated Master Yi player can win games with his backdoors on his own, though.

Sejuani is weak only because her jungling is poor. She has no sustain and she cant duel and clear ast enough to counter jungle well. Late game, her initiation with her ulti and her slows is AMAZING though.

Ziggs is more of a support, imo. His satchel charge and minefield let him dictate where a battle will take place, and his ult can be used to initiate or clean up kills.

Fiddle is pretty weak in lane, and VERY weak in the current jungle. A well timed/placed Crowstorm deal tons of damage, but if you don't use it well/don't use it at all, he is pretty much a fear bot.
Intelligent post I agree with most of what is said by him. That Sejuanis main problem, otherwise, her scaling is great. Karma and Heimer reworks are on the way, and Im sure everyone is quite excited. No one likes having semi-viable champions in their available roster.

ninjamanjoseph

11-12-2012

Thanks for the feedback guys!

LastLaughLol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I also agree with orignal poster.

Champions I consider OP:
Singed:ROA, BoS,Burning Cap, FON= Unstoppable.

Malphite: Half Tank/Half AP=Will tank amazingly and burst your whole team(OP.)

Blitzcrank: Base damages too high, coupled with too much CC, is just stupidly overpowered.
(You could say "Dodge the grab" but to you I say, "Learn to land the grab" late game 1 pull over the wall can mean free baron and win. What other champion can do that?)

Cho'gath: Knock UP, Silence, two passives(Hp and mana on kill, and free hp from ult)+True dmg nuke.(A bit of people would disagree with me that he's not OP.But they dont realize that he brings a lot of utility to the team, natural tank and can kill carries without THAT much effort.)

Diana: Always seemed very strong, even after nerfs. Build Rod of Ages and you'll be as tanky as a tank with your shield.

Fizz:No counter. He will eat anyone alive in lane. So only way to stop him from getting fed is sitting on tower, getting farm denied, if jungle ganks, he's going to leap away. Not much strategy to be had.

Karthus:Global ult, counter-intuitive focusing. Even if you kill him, he will still kill you.No draw-backs on his passive. So you can suicide all you want in team fights.

Katarina:Slightly too high dmg in her regular skills atm, but shes getting nerfed next patch so it will be fine.

Maokai: One of the, if not best jungler. Even agreed by Morello. Gap-closing root. With Knockback. He's not amazingly OP. But his ganks are so easy, they can easily turn the game in your favor.

Nautilus: Remember him? They only nerfed a few CD's and everyone stopped playing him.But he is still a CC factory that will Tank and CC his way to victory without a doubt.

Olaf: Yes, some might disagree, but Ive played Olaf quite a bit, and he can just run through your front line and kill your carries very easily using Ragnorak, build HP, getting free armor and MR from ult, immune to CC, you cant really stop him. This is not a problem for pro teams, but anything Pre-Gold elo, hes quite good.

Skarner:Naturally very tanky, and very good sustained DPS. Still waiting for his nerfs, he is a hyper-snowball champion. Give him 1-2 kills, and he'll be turret diving you in no time. Top 10 picked in Platinum, and for a reason.

Zyra: My favorite mid atm. But quite OP. Think. 3 CC's. Good burst damage. Great sustained damage. What more could you ever want? Why choose any AP mid over Zyra? She has everything you could possibly want in a mid. Only AP mid you would substitute her for is if you need either an assassin to counter, or a tanky AP for team composition.

Irelia: Last but not least, my favorite champion. And I do have to admit. While her early game is pretty bad. I dont think it justifys how strong she gets mid-late game. I can steam roll AP carries or ADC's without a sweat, even tanks if I need to. She cant single handedly win you the game like ADC's can because of her being a melee champion. But she can single handedly win you team fights with a half competent team.

I'll post my underpowered list in a few.

Falcodile

11-12-2012

I'm a Ziggs player, and I'm just saying this as my opinion, his problem isnt that he is underpowered, his kit isnt weak, the problem with his kit is, every skill is a skillshot, opposed to champs like katarina that can just shunpo out of his Q, or any champ that doesnt needs skillshots for their skills. But, his harrass is great, the distance of his bomb, I love it, it lets him attack out of tower range and with his ulti finish the target, like I said before, his problem is that his skills are highly avoidable :/

LastLaughLol

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcodile View Post
I'm a Ziggs player, and I'm just saying this as my opinion, his problem isnt that he is underpowered, his kit isnt weak, the problem with his kit is, every skill is a skillshot, opposed to champs like katarina that can just shunpo out of his Q, or any champ that doesnt needs skillshots for their skills. But, his harrass is great, the distance of his bomb, I love it, it lets him attack out of tower range and with his ulti finish the target, like I said before, his problem is that his skills are highly avoidable :/
Yes I totally agree with you man. Thats exactly what I think. He is good.But the skillshots just arent so reliable!

ninjamanjoseph

11-12-2012

I feel like the fact that ziggs is all skillshots is a weakness and i think it's unfair not to include that. That being said i haven't played a whole lot of ziggs and i don't own him so you guys would have more knowldege.

DEATHFUNK

11-12-2012

I love Sejuani to bits, she's a highly undervalued champion and if you can hit her ult she will completely destroy an enemy team's chances at winning a team fight. She just needs a few early-game tweaks to improve either her clear speed or her sustain. As-is, she does fine as long as she isn't disrupted in any way, a little like Amumu. She's fun to mid with as well, though it's pretty much a gimmick due to her poor AP ratios. Maybe if her W shielded her by a little? It would help her jungle by negating damage but not be overpowered in late-game.

Heimerdinger is a lot of fun in a great deal of roles, as either a mid, support or even jungle. Melee characters can't go near him due to his E, his W is great for harass and farming lanes from spawn with his turrets is also a handy feature. He's an incredibly aggravating pusher to face during laning phase, and this is why he's so hard to balance out right. How can you buff his turrets for late-game while retaining what makes Heimer who he is and not making him a complete death machine during the early stages of the game? What sort of ultimate could he have that doesn't completely break him? Should his turrets be his ultimate, more like Teemo's mushrooms in favor of a new Q skill, or should he be allowed to place more turrets as the game goes on?

12345 ... 8