Bertboxer's Study of Elise

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodIsAComedian

11-14-2012

+1 good analysis

xxvaderxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I have to agree, she is basically not excellent at any one thing, and barely ok at a couple of things. Her damage is still mediocre after the patch, which was to be expected, since you do about 2% max health and about say 10 to 20 magic on hit, additional damage is welcome but not sufficient. She suffers from not having a reliable snare and her skills not really being all that functional with each other, unlike jayce and nid, you can cast Q in spider and then in Human, it has to be human then spider, same with cocoon, it is nice but rather extremely situational, you dont really need it to use her human Q and W, and the 1.5 duration will be gone by the time you are on them as a spider.

I have Jayce and she cant play the way he does transitioning from range to melee to adapt to the situation, which would be fine if she was strong enough in each form as to impose her game play, sadly she is not.

RIP Bankplank

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumains View Post

As a suggestion for next week, I've become curious about something. You introduce every essay saying you want to discuss the things that Riot has done well; so what's the one spot where Riot is doing a fantastic, stand-up job all around?
hmm that's quite a good suggestion actually
I'll think that one over. Should make for a good essay I believe. Thanks you kindly

lemonpartyfan0

11-14-2012

Enjoyable read. +1.

I have only one question, how do you choose what post you write about? Which champion or design mechanic?

RIP Bankplank

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********fan0 View Post
Enjoyable read. +1.

I have only one question, how do you choose what post you write about? Which champion or design mechanic?

well i'm always open to suggestions like the one beaumains gave me
typically i just write about whatever is on my mind
if i can formulate my thoughts into something worth writing, i just type it up

Darthnachox

11-15-2012

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...bruiser-263659
Starting a build guide for her. Been trying many many different builds. Let me know what you think of this bert trying to find ways to make up for her short comings.

I am going to try to finish the entire guide this weekend.

RIP Bankplank

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthnachox View Post
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/elise-solo-top-bruiser-263659
Starting a build guide for her. Been trying many many different builds. Let me know what you think of this bert trying to find ways to make up for her short comings.

I am going to try to finish the entire guide this weekend.

I think the season three change is going to affect Elise quite a bit, especially the change to how magic penetration works. Tanky on-hit builds may work on her but it neglects her human form damage quite a bit. I think the best way to build her once the changes come is going to be sorc boots-haunting guise-malady-abyssal scepter- void staff etc. to really make those percentage hits noticeable.

Also worth mentioning are the changes to her ap ratios coming down the pipe. Overall, I think she's going to benefit from all of these changes quite a bit. Is this going to make an on-hit build like yours obsolete? I don't think so. Stuff like frozen mallet and wits will still be solid on her but not necessarily the core of an optimal build.

Darthnachox

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertboxer View Post
I think the season three change is going to affect Elise quite a bit, especially the change to how magic penetration works. Tanky on-hit builds may work on her but it neglects her human form damage quite a bit. I think the best way to build her once the changes come is going to be sorc boots-haunting guise-malady-abyssal scepter- void staff etc. to really make those percentage hits noticeable.

Also worth mentioning are the changes to her ap ratios coming down the pipe. Overall, I think she's going to benefit from all of these changes quite a bit. Is this going to make an on-hit build like yours obsolete? I don't think so. Stuff like frozen mallet and wits will still be solid on her but not necessarily the core of an optimal build.
Yea I have just found malidy and either ryla's or frozen mallet are almost alway core on her to stay on people.

Personally I am hoping they look at her Qs again and make them more like warwicks. Increase the base % dmg and make it low scaling straight ap buff. Makes her much more viable as a bruiser imo either on hit tanky or ap tanky. And they really really need to increase her health bad.

I do have an ap build on that same page. The malidy abyssal scepter combo works extremely well from what I have found myself

Beaumains

11-16-2012

So I've been playing Elise a bit, really liking her, though I'm not doing spectacularly well with her. Got to own a darius & a rengar top, and even pull off some 1v2 action. It seems that she is the newest in the line of functional hybrid champions. Nashor's Tooth has been amazing on her, and Hextech Gunblade has also proven a strong choice. I'm liking Rylai's of course, but I'm also very much liking Lichbane. I guess that's the 'problem' with hybrid champs: always want to put everything on them.

Nachanon

Recruiter

11-16-2012

I think giving her the ability to spider form or human form out of slows would be nice.