What do you guys think about force of nature removal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TealNinje

11-12-2012

I honestly loved Force of Nature because of its total combination of stats, not because its MR was so high. You could give it half as much MR and I'd still love the item. Hell, you could drop it to a 3rd and it would still be one of my top tank items. Movespeed + insane regen? Yes please.

Vuther

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamanjoseph View Post
I hope your Udyr lives through this tough time
He probably didn't need the MR as badly as he needed the MS.

IS1dd0cba794c57948b76b3

11-12-2012

The amount of damage reduction and utility the FON brought was too much for the lack of magic damage to compensate for it.

MR is really not hard to come by at all when it comes to tanking items.

Aegis of the Legion, Banshee's Veil, Merc Treads, Guardian Angel, QSS, and Spirit Visage (though this one isn't used very often).

I think what people are really complaining about is that they lost the most efficient defensive item in the game. It had MR, movement, and two forms of health regeneration. Even if the enemy built a void staff, you could use FON alone and wouldn't have to worry about magic damage anymore.

This is a step in the right direction since it will make certain tanky DPS champs think twice about going after the AP Carry and focus more on strategy and gameplay rather than "I have an item that nullifies your damage regardless of your items"

RockJockey

11-13-2012

Triple FoN Singed!!!

axesandspears

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takhuan View Post
They hate mundo. They already proved it on TT with wicked hatchet.

Jokes aside. I have had less problem with Force of Nature as I have had with just plain stacking health and damage+resistance items.

I miss the old days when tanks just got tanky items T.T.
I agree, but mages also just had a lot less damage back then. It isn't really possible to go back to that.

Force of Nature will be replaced by other items, including a buff to Spirit Visage.

RockJockey

11-13-2012

FoN was easily the best all around tanky MRitem after buying Merc Treads on most champions. Singed will be very sad at its removal. There has to be more tanky MR items in the game besides the more damage oriented Wit's End and MoM for certain champions to be able to tank decently.

Peligrad

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATerribleSTD View Post
The amount of damage reduction and utility the FON brought was too much for the lack of magic damage to compensate for it.

MR is really not hard to come by at all when it comes to tanking items.

Aegis of the Legion, Banshee's Veil, Merc Treads, Guardian Angel, QSS, and Spirit Visage (though this one isn't used very often).

I think what people are really complaining about is that they lost the most efficient defensive item in the game. It had MR, movement, and two forms of health regeneration. Even if the enemy built a void staff, you could use FON alone and wouldn't have to worry about magic damage anymore.

This is a step in the right direction since it will make certain tanky DPS champs think twice about going after the AP Carry and focus more on strategy and gameplay rather than "I have an item that nullifies your damage regardless of your items"
Actually this is very very wrong...

Very rarely did you see someone (who knows what they are doing anyway) upgrade a negatron cloak to a FoN unless they had a substantial amount of bonus hp already built.

For mitigation /gold you'd be better off leaving it a negatron and buying a second negatron...unless you're pushing the 3k hp mark.

This is one of those bad AP carries who thinks he should be able to 1 combo everyone...

crzymdscntst

11-13-2012

I was fond of the Health Regen and the movespeed. The MR was a bonus to me personally.

KyroRayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:

Jokes aside. I have had less problem with Force of Nature as I have had with just plain stacking health and damage+resistance items.

I miss the old days when tanks just got tanky items T.T.
They're buffing Spirit Visage by replacing NMM with Negatron cloak as well as buffing the passive on it.

Quote:
Spirit Visage is getting a slight touch up for the preseason. It will now build out of Negatron Cloak instead of Null Magic Mantle, and Spirit Visage’s passive is getting a bump in power. Additionally, there are a lot more Tier 2.5 items that offer Magic Resistance, allowing you to more easily spec into Magic Resistance without wasting slot efficiency.

67chrome

11-13-2012

Quote:
They removed Executioner's Calling from Twisted Treelines though, which is an all around better item for AA reliant champions (and considerably cheaper).