What do you guys think about force of nature removal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninjamanjoseph

11-12-2012

Top lane is my favorite role and i like to play tanks. I've always noticed that mr was hard to come by for me but I usually got enough from boots+force of nature. But now it's being removed? I just don't really see why it needs to go. It was one of the few items that was clearly ment for a tank that gave mr along with the banshees veil. I feel like other mr items like the abyssal scepter are not really tank items. I saw that the spirit visage is going to be made into more of an mr items, but honestly that seems more like a supportive items to me with the heal bonus. I suppose it could also work with regen? I don't know you guys tell me what you think about the force of nature being removed.

- Ninjamanjoseph

Peligrad

11-12-2012

I think they removed it to take a bite out of tanky dps.

The item has always been the go-to MR item for the "tanky dps META Golem build" because it packs the most MR in one slot possible.

Hopefully they will bring some clever new MR items to the table to replace it.

I think the idea Riot has is to make all items have combinations of stats as a way to balance them.

If no item is 100% efficient for anyone, it opens up a lot of build paths up for everyone.

FoN was almost too good, because it packed1.5 Negatron cloaks into one item slot and you wasted very little gold on other stats for the down side making it a good mid-late game anti-magic item for anyone against any AP or on hit champion.

I think they want you to put a little more thought into purchases in S3; making you purchase a particular item...not just particular stat.

ninjamanjoseph

11-12-2012

Thanks for the reply! I certainly do hope they get some more mr items into the game.

Bripster

11-12-2012

It was a favorite item of mine, but I agree with riot that on most champions who bought it was far too slot efficient.

IonDragonX

11-12-2012

I will miss it sorely. I believe that there are more items coming that will add MR. That should counterbalance FoN's removal.

Vuther

11-12-2012

I hope there will be a great new MR + MS item or my Udyr will be very .

Also, I can`t role-play build as Maokai anymore.

ninjamanjoseph

11-12-2012

I hope your Udyr lives through this tough time

67chrome

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
Hopefully they will bring some clever new MR items to the table to replace it.
Clever new items are always appreciated. Of course, fitting MR into offensive builds isn't to hard already, you can go:

Mercury Treads+Maw of Malmortis+Wit's End
or
Mercury Treads+Athene's Unholy Grail+Abyssal Scepter+Lich Bane

so it's not like MR is "that" hard to get. And if you do go for the other 2 Negatron Cloak upgrades, Quicksilver Sash or Banshee's Veil, you're already hard-countering a solid chunk of the mages out there (provided you're at similar levels with a similar income anyways).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamanjoseph View Post
I hope your Udyr lives through this tough time
Poor guy already had to deal with Innervating Locket leaving him, though at least he's still seeing tournament play.

Takhuan

11-12-2012

They hate mundo. They already proved it on TT with wicked hatchet.

Jokes aside. I have had less problem with Force of Nature as I have had with just plain stacking health and damage+resistance items.

I miss the old days when tanks just got tanky items T.T.

ninjamanjoseph

11-12-2012

I don't really think mr is really hard to come by but i think it's hard to comeby as a tank. When i'm a tank i don't want damage i want mr