Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lol at "People play new TT more!!11oneone"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JEREMY LlN

11-12-2012

I actually liked the old map better. Some of these new items make some of the bruiser champions ridiculously over powered. The new jungle is also extremely predictable, you can easily counter jungle the enemy jungler because they only have 3 places to go, and, if you try to go for spider and the enemy team catches you, you immediately get aced due to the spider's damage and armor reduction. It's also almost impossible to juke and kite on this map because it's so small and the design is so simple (as in easy to learn).

MaximusEvil

11-12-2012

Quote:
Pedobear178:
I actually liked the old map better. Some of these new items make some of the bruiser champions ridiculously over powered. The new jungle is also extremely predictable, you can easily counter jungle the enemy jungler because they only have 3 places to go, and, if you try to go for spider and the enemy team catches you, you immediately get aced due to the spider's damage and armor reduction. It's also almost impossible to juke and kite on this map because it's so small and the design is so simple (as in easy to learn).

This ^

bossk1091

11-13-2012

Quote:
Redenbacher:
Right. You're adapting to the tactics necessary on the NEW MAP. The new map requires new tactics and many of the old TT fanatics are too attached to them to let it go. They don't want to adjust. I find that amusing in the context of the post I quoted. If you think it's just a 'brainless fight fest', then you're doing it wrong. There is no mode in LoL that is a brainless fight fest unless you're playing at entry-level Elo where there is no meta game.

This is one of the dumbest things I have read. I loved the old map, not just because of the tactics but because I enjoyed playing it, the look of the map and the music were also key factors. You can't just say people who played the old map can't adjust to the new one. The new TT isn't the same in any respect and although I can play it, and I can win... The new map has no appeal to me. A lot of the strategy has been pulled out of this map in my opinion and replaced with OMG KILL EVERYTHING AND WIN NAOW. Funny how ignorant people try to explain how we should just quit worrying about our favorite map being pulled from the game just because they don't give a ****. If you didn't play or like the old one, get out of the threads requesting the old maps return and go troll a different thread because WE DON'T CARE IF YOU LIKED IT OR NOT, lol

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

11-13-2012

Quote:
Aexalven:
I love this response. It shows how silly people are.

Just because YOU have not figured out any strategy aside from pushing like an idiot and playing twitch on the old TT does not mean that is the way it was always played.

The only reason I would ever want the old map back is to hand you an ass beating one last time

EDIT:
For the record, I QQed just as hard if not harder than you when the new one came out because I liked the old one a lot. Then I grew a pair and got over it and started having fun again.

Ha11uc1n0g3n

11-13-2012

Quote:
bossk1091:
This is one of the dumbest things I have read. I loved the old map, not just because of the tactics but because I enjoyed playing it, the look of the map and the music were also key factors. You can't just say people who played the old map can't adjust to the new one. The new TT isn't the same in any respect and although I can play it, and I can win... The new map has no appeal to me. A lot of the strategy has been pulled out of this map in my opinion and replaced with OMG KILL EVERYTHING AND WIN NAOW. Funny how ignorant people try to explain how we should just quit worrying about our favorite map being pulled from the game just because they don't give a ****. If you didn't play or like the old one, get out of the threads requesting the old maps return and go troll a different thread because WE DON'T CARE IF YOU LIKED IT OR NOT, lol

Rage more kid, it's not coming back and Riot most likely isn't going to apologize for taking your beloved broken map away = pointless.

/troll who likes new TT better...that's right, I posted in this thread

Redenbacher

11-13-2012

Quote:
bossk1091:

If that is the dumbest thing you've ever read, then you don't come around here very often.

I just find the arguments of the old TT fanatics to be full of holes. For example, you say, "The new TT isn't the same in any respect..." Well, I'm sorry - that's false. In some respects, it is the same. It is very different in many respects, but not ALL. That's my problem. You're talking in extremes without addressing the specific issues you have intelligently and thoroughly.

You then go on to say, "A lot of the strategy has been pulled out of this map in my opinion and replaced with OMG KILL EVERYTHING AND WIN NAOW." Again, I'm sorry, but that's false. Strategy has not been removed. I don't care how much you yell, scream, and stomp your feet. As long as there are objectives and an enemy team preventing you from accomplishing those objectives, there will be a strategy. It's changed. It hasn't been removed.

Like I said, if you think it's just a kill fest, then you're playing at a level where there is no meta game. Every mode in League has a meta-less entry level where players are just trying things out to learn, and attempting to kill whatever comes in sight. Then, as you gain Elo, hidden or otherwise, a 'meta game' and strategies develop. Teamwork becomes more prevalent as a means for success. Yes, even in Dominion.

As far as calling me ignorant... that's not true either. Not willingly, anyway. I've made every attempt to learn whatever I can about this little debacle - an ignorant individual typically chooses to be so. I understand you're upset about the loss of your favorite map - but you're wasting your time. It's not going to change. The new map is here to stay. If you want to hoot and holler about that, go ahead - but it's not going to get you very far.

Instead, I suggest you spend your efforts posting here giving constructive, detailed feedback addressing the concerns you have for the new map. It's still in Beta; Nome and his team are actively seeking input to make the map better and please both the people that enjoy the new map, and those that loved the old map as passionately as you do. Be detailed and specific, have a conversation. These belittling shout matches aren't going to amount to anything but closed threads and heightened emotions.

Stop the hate; collaborate.

Nabrik

11-13-2012

Quote:
Redenbacher:
If that is the dumbest thing you've ever read, then you don't come around here very often.

I just find the arguments of the old TT fanatics to be full of holes. For example, you say, "The new TT isn't the same in any respect..." Well, I'm sorry - that's false. In some respects, it is the same. It is very different in many respects, but not ALL. That's my problem. You're talking in extremes without addressing the specific issues you have intelligently and thoroughly.

You then go on to say, "A lot of the strategy has been pulled out of this map in my opinion and replaced with OMG KILL EVERYTHING AND WIN NAOW." Again, I'm sorry, but that's false. Strategy has not been removed. I don't care how much you yell, scream, and stomp your feet. As long as there are objectives and an enemy team preventing you from accomplishing those objectives, there will be a strategy. It's changed. It hasn't been removed.

Like I said, if you think it's just a kill fest, then you're playing at a level where there is no meta game. Every mode in League has a meta-less entry level where players are just trying things out to learn, and attempting to kill whatever comes in sight. Then, as you gain Elo, hidden or otherwise, a 'meta game' and strategies develop. Teamwork becomes more prevalent as a means for success. Yes, even in Dominion.

As far as calling me ignorant... that's not true either. Not willingly, anyway. I've made every attempt to learn whatever I can about this little debacle - an ignorant individual typically chooses to be so. I understand you're upset about the loss of your favorite map - but you're wasting your time. It's not going to change. The new map is here to stay. If you want to hoot and holler about that, go ahead - but it's not going to get you very far.

Instead, I suggest you spend your efforts posting here giving constructive, detailed feedback addressing the concerns you have for the new map. It's still in Beta; Nome and his team are actively seeking input to make the map better and please both the people that enjoy the new map, and those that loved the old map as passionately as you do. Be detailed and specific, have a conversation. These belittling shout matches aren't going to amount to anything but closed threads and heightened emotions.

Stop the hate; collaborate.

^ this so much, I've seen nothing about complaining about this new map but honestly how is it only killing when the old TT was the same. I mean its fundamently the same thing, destroy the nexus but now it has altar and speed shrine what's wrong with that? It gives you more fighting options, if your behind you can gank them when they are going to try taking it or use the speed shrine to move around alot quicker. People need to quit complaining and try improving the game, why do players hate the shrines? whats wrong with the speed shrine?