Undecided Which Top Lane Champ Lane Champ to Get Next: Cho'Gath or Rumble?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exprima

11-12-2012

Hey, guys. I'm currently looking for a good top lane champ. So far I've narrowed it down to Rumble and Cho'Gath because I like their innate tankiness and ability to still dish out a decent amount of damage. This will be my 3rd top laner (have Wukong and Malphite already, or 4th if you count Teemo). Which one do you guys think would be the better choice? This will also be my 16th Champ which will allow me to play Ranked.

MaximusEvil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I would personally learn Rumble, he is so amazing!!!!!

But cho top OMG, I use him as a counter to darius, cause past 6 darius cant burst you down so fast.

Symbiosis

11-12-2012

Im a big Cho fan (see what I did there? XD) so naturally I'd learn towards Cho. For the most part he's hard to be pushed out of lane (Even against almighty Yorick) and doesn't really have many top lane counters (Mainly manaless champs like Rumble, Garen and Renek....and of course, Teemo. and Olaf...who screws almost everyone at top). Enemy instalocks Darius/Yorick expecting autowin lane? Cho says hi XD. The downside is you probably wouldn't want to really exchange a 1v1 until post-6. You could do it before then, but I'd rather sit back and farm away laughing at their harassment being recuperated via csing, and leaving them begging for mercy if they ran out of mana and don't recall....all while I'm full hp and mp.

Im not too sure about Rumble but I do think he's a great top laner as well. He's got tankiness, shield and slow. Just not sustain though, so he might have some problem if being harassed (Think Yorick again, and Jayce).

Either way, both are good choices to learn as top laners due to their laning power and teamfight utility. Hope this helps ^^

Phoenix0Wright

11-12-2012

I'd pick Cho. Both of them are great top laners, but Cho is only 1350 IP. If you dislike him, you only need to play a few games to get that back, and then you can just by Rumble. Rumble costs 4800, so if you don't like him you've lost a good chunk of IP. There's no reason you can't buy both, but I'd start out with the less expensive one just in case Rumble isn't your thing.

Shadogi

11-12-2012

Cho has got to be one of the most annoying champs to top lane against (I play Jax/Jayce). It's not the he will kill you, it's that he is an immovable object!

ScorchXBanister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I'd actually recommend Rumble. The problem with Cho'Gath is a competent player can dodge Rupture even if you're incredibly good at landing it. Cho'Gath can't simply not land Rupture or he lost the lane, so if you run up against someone you can't hit with it, the lane is doomed. They'll simply harass you until you're dead.

Plus it costs a huge portion of his mana pool, so missing twice will mean you're out of mana to combo anything.

PeacefulNomad

11-12-2012

Both Champs are awesome. But I love rumble because he fits a team role that most tops don't fill. Having an AP top gives your mid and jungle more flexibility on their choices. Thats why I like having rumble in the lineup. Granted I suck with him and need to practice more.

Cho can fill a wide range of roles in the jungle but as a top you typically have to build him tanky. This is good too if your jungle picks an assasin role. Cho is also a very good counter pick to a lot of common tops.

So basically you need both but i'd lean rumble as he gives you a little more flexibility in solo queue.

Grollm

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal1s View Post
Im a big Cho fan (see what I did there? XD) so naturally I'd learn towards Cho. For the most part he's hard to be pushed out of lane (Even against almighty Yorick) and doesn't really have many top lane counters (Mainly manaless champs like Rumble, Garen and Renek....and of course, Teemo. and Olaf...who screws almost everyone at top). Enemy instalocks Darius/Yorick expecting autowin lane? Cho says hi XD. The downside is you probably wouldn't want to really exchange a 1v1 until post-6. You could do it before then, but I'd rather sit back and farm away laughing at their harassment being recuperated via csing, and leaving them begging for mercy if they ran out of mana and don't recall....all while I'm full hp and mp.

Im not too sure about Rumble but I do think he's a great top laner as well. He's got tankiness, shield and slow. Just not sustain though, so he might have some problem if being harassed (Think Yorick again, and Jayce).

Either way, both are good choices to learn as top laners due to their laning power and teamfight utility. Hope this helps ^^
Actually not true about Rumble not having sustain. If he builds a Hextech Revolver(which every good Rumble does), he has plenty of sustain.

Grollm

11-12-2012

Both champs are very good top lanes and are really hard to push out of lane. Cho I think has a little bit more of a learning curve on landing his Rupture, but once you get that down you're golden. Rumble is pretty straight forward, although his ult can be difficult to land if you're at a weird angle. Both have a great team fight presence and have amazing aoe damage. I think it really depends on who you're going up against in lane

Grollm

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacefulNomad View Post
Both Champs are awesome. But I love rumble because he fits a team role that most tops don't fill. Having an AP top gives your mid and jungle more flexibility on their choices. Thats why I like having rumble in the lineup. Granted I suck with him and need to practice more.

Cho can fill a wide range of roles in the jungle but as a top you typically have to build him tanky. This is good too if your jungle picks an assasin role. Cho is also a very good counter pick to a lot of common tops.

So basically you need both but i'd lean rumble as he gives you a little more flexibility in solo queue.
I disagree, Rumbles only real place is top. Cho'gath can go mid, top, jungle, or bot support. He's best utilized Jungle or Top, but he can get a great counter pick to a mid laner who needs kills to get rolling and is squishy, like take for example Veigar. Also Cho'gath IS Ap, unless you are building him tanky on-hit attack speed, which is kind a troll build.