Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Just can't seem to understand this.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Admod

11-12-2012

As far as I understand, Classic mode is about guiding minions to turrets and destroying them along the lane you travel until you get to an inhibitor. Once there you destroy that and then destroy two more turrets and then the Nexus to win. After playing for just about a month now, I realize that I don't understand the point in jungling at all because it takes an extra man away from laning. Killing the dragon and the Baron seem to be the only thing that is worth while.

A lot of people jungle because they like to gank or ambush enemies that are still in their lanes, but that presents something to me that a lot of people don't realize. If three or four people are ganking bot...only one person can be top...so you should push there. I see a lot of people running towards the person being ganked, but I think it'd be best to take out a turret to teach them if they gank they can't be in three lanes at once.

It seems mid and late game players just want to charge down mid every single time to a team they've lost team battles to three to four times too. "We'll be stronger all together," they say. Well...so will the enemy. Also, the enemy no longer would have to worry about someone laning in other places. They'd just charge down mid too with no worries. Though...if they were charging mid and saw someone guiding minions top or bot they'd either have to take off to handle that person or risk losing a turret. Normally, the person top or bot would risk getting ganked, but his allies that aren't busy at that moment should immediatly go to the side he isn't to throw the enemy off. Most of the time, they'd just rush to that one person. He might die, but you'd still get another turret or even chip it which is getting closer to victory.

The main reason I wrote this post is really because I saw potential in winning many games when my allies just would stop laning and I got frustrated with the lost games. Hoping this will ease my disappointment really. >_< Classic isn't really a Team Deathmatch. Kills mean nothing if all your turrets are destroyed. Many people say an enemy team won't just split up like that...and I think that if they don't, they just lose then. If they don't pay attention to turrets getting destroyed it's their fault. If they do pay attention, they will split up for sure.

The more I think about this however is the more I think about this is what a team that isn't fully built should do against an enemy team that is winning every team battle to have a chance at winning. A team fully built can take advantage of this too though...

Hexerin

Recruiter

11-12-2012

welcome to low elo

RandomGuy928

Recruiter

11-12-2012

You seem to be talking about two separate things.

People jungle because it gives your team access to a fourth gold/experience stream. Think of League as a game of resource generation. One person farms each lane, and one person farms the jungle. This ensures that no gold or experience on the map ends up going to waste. It doesn't help you kill the nexus directly, but it does help you have more gold than the enemy team, which ultimately helps you win fights and push down objectives.

This is the same reason why the 0cs support meta exists. There are only four gold streams for five players, so it turns out that the optimal breakdown is having one player use a high-impact-with-low-farm champion and to send them with someone who relies gold but not experience - the AD carry. The experience is split, but the ADC doesn't really care because they mostly scale on items. The gold is not split, but the support does not care because they have a high amount of innate utility, so they are always useful even without farm.

People group up after the laning phase because, sometimes, it is a good idea. If you can force down a tower or two early on and your team has a hard time laning (or is losing lane), then you can try to break lanes to force an advantage. This is especially common against champions like Shaco, as he is very strong in lane but very weak in teamfights, so forcing lanes to break and teamfights to start against a Shaco means that you force the game into a phase where your team composition is stronger. The thing is, if you're already too far behind, then breaking lanes just causes your team to lose fights.

If one team flat out has significantly more gold than the other, then the team with more gold is likely going to win. It's just the nature of the game. People jungle to help mitigate this gold difference, people gank to create a favorable gold difference, etc...