Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Teenage Job

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

11-12-2012

Quote:
Mere Intricacy:
These are jobs to date:
- Working on parents farm.
- Donuts King.
- Mushroom Farm.
- Local Cafe.
- McDonalds.
- Private Tutoring.
- Tutoring and uni.

When I was your age, I had already completely two internships at large respected private corporations and was completing a research fellowship with a professor.

My Face Is OP

11-12-2012

Quote:
Dobagoh:
When I was your age, I had already completely two internships at large respected private corporations and was completing a research fellowship with a professor.

You're Asian.

I'm starting to think I'm part Asian.

poe tay toes

11-12-2012

also consider working as a referee for youth sports. pretty decent as a weekend thing.

Exoctane

11-12-2012

Teen jobs were
-***** at an animal hospital. Job sucked but I worked with a lot of hot women in uni, who had a game going to see how they could use me... best job of my life.
-Manual labour for a landscaping company... that sucked hardcore
-Retail at a discount clearance warehouse... job was fun

In my 20's the jobs got a lot better. Best piece of advice, no one's going to pay a teenager like a superstar regardless of how hard you work; they fully expect you to be a teenage ****tard. Take advantage of that and have some fun at work.

Exoctane

11-12-2012

Quote:
Dobagoh:

You did that in your teens?

Dobagoh

11-12-2012

Quote:
Exoctane:
You did that in your teens?

Yea.

NerfPaladins

11-12-2012

Retail..at a department store. My last and only retail job..lasted a "good" 3 months, before I found some part-time office gig. Its going to be difficult anything useful above a minimum wage paying job, without any network/contacts or have some experience beyond retail.

Exoctane

11-12-2012

Wow Dob,

Did you have any fun?

Mere Intricacy

11-12-2012

Quote:
Dobagoh:

So are recommending the OP that his "teenage job" should be to do a research fellowship with a professor...?

Dobagoh

11-12-2012

Quote:
Exoctane:
Wow Dob,

Did you have any fun?

Yea.