Teenage Job

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kazukazz

11-11-2012

So, I'm a teenager, and I wanna know what kind of jobs you adults used to have as a teenager. And fellow adolescents, if you have a job, please tell me what kind of job it is. If you could, tell me a job you recommend for teenagers to do.

Heavens77

11-11-2012

Fast Food, Retail, & Call Centers are some of the most common and easy to get.

silentpartner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Fast Food/Grocery Store/Delivery Boy/Manual Labour

choose one

Quision

11-12-2012

I used to have a job at this one place called Medieval Times, they didn't trust me with important work so all I did was take pictures. Oh and I had to wear a potato sack like shirt and tights. Generally, if you're gonna work as a teenager, prepare to be demeaned.

Elan Tedronai

11-12-2012

Adults are now competing for the jobs kids used to take.

My first job was with a friend's company. My second job was with another friend's company. My third job was with a company that did business with my second job. My fourth job was my first "cold" job. It was in a call center that magazine customers called to order clothing. My fifth job was at a steel plant and my second "cold" job. My sixth job was with a family member's company. My seventh and current job is at a friend's company.

All but two of my jobs I got through people I know rather than any kind of application process.

Light LaserTower

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
Adults are now competing for the jobs kids used to take.

My first job was with a friend's company. My second job was with another friend's company. My third job was with a company that did business with my second job. My fourth job was my first "cold" job. It was in a call center that magazine customers called to order clothing. My fifth job was at a steel plant and my second "cold" job. My sixth job was with a family member's company. My seventh and current job is at a friend's company.

All but two of my jobs I got through people I know rather than any kind of application process.
This, it's ALL who you know not what you know.

Jesus the Friend

11-12-2012

OR join a syndicate, gg.

Dobagoh

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light LaserTower View Post
This, it's ALL who you know not what you know.
Yes, if you have no marketable skills and are a generally useless member of society otherwise.

My Face Is OP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

While all the "typical" jobs have been mentioned, I wouldn't rush to apply to them. A couple things I would think about.

Do you have any skills that you can parlay in to cash?

Are there oppurtunities or services needed in your area that you can learn how to do?

Also how much do you need the extra money? If you have an idea of what career you want to pursue it would be a better decsion to try and work for nothing at a place that deals with that field. You'll gain experience and be able to network with people.

I would never rush in to a job just because it's the typical job and accept pitiful pay. I'd rather build on something bigger and better.

Mere Intricacy

11-12-2012

These are jobs to date:
- Working on parents farm.
- Donuts King.
- Mushroom Farm.
- Local Cafe.
- McDonalds.
- Private Tutoring.
- Tutoring and uni.