Why is Elise in the league?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tehpersuns

11-11-2012

She already has what she wants.from her cult, she has no connection to any country or person, it seems unlikely she could garnish enough influence to shape the world in any meaningful way, the list just keeps.going on and on. Yet why is she here?

Trolosaurus

11-11-2012

I truly do not know
She's like Syndra, there really isn't a reason.

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

She wanted to meet me.

StarkRavenMad

11-12-2012

I assume that with the Twisted Treeline now in the Shadow Isles, her Spider gets a direct feast, which means now, Elise doesn't have to bring legions of people, but instead, just waddles on up, and takes what she wants.

Tehpersuns

11-12-2012

Syndra I can understand. She wants power, and wants to prove she can use it. I think she also believes Ionia will want her restraind again, so join the league will give her enough infuence to stop that.

Noxian Zell

11-13-2012

My advice to you guys is NOT to buy Elise. She is so not worth 6300 IP.

DragonOdyssey

11-13-2012

It's probably due to political reasons. If a city or "kingdom" doesn't have a champion to represent it, then it really won't have a voice in political matters. For example, if all of the cities wanted to have control over the Shadow Isles, if there isn't any champions to go against that action, then the League will let them continue with that action.

However, since there's multiple champions to represent it, then there has to be a match against them. With Elise now in it, they have more of a voice, and can start have more power without really having to fight.

But, I don't think it'll help Elise with her "immortality" thing. I doubt the League will allow feeding champions to her giant pet spider.

Ruahi

11-14-2012

the shadow isles have pumped out a few extra champs and some champs have been re"lored" to be from the shadow isles
maybe something big is gonna happen soon
mordekaiser was rumoured to have an army
hecarim warns people the army is coming
elise has been killing plenty of people
yorick has been raising the shadow isles legions
eve has been eve
and karthus sought out the shadow isles to embrace death
but based on the more above champs it comes to my mind that something big is gonna happen sometime down the road with the shadow isles in the lore

Morec0

11-18-2012

I think I have a motive for Elise:

With the Twisted Treeline retconned to the Shadow Isles (let's not dwell on that, retcons happen) Elise sees a way to retreive the Spider God's venom, her source of immortality and power, with less fuss and muss than having to lead people and convince them; just go there, beat the **** out of it with a few allies, and then take the juice.

That's what it really boils down to; convineance. If there was a way to getting lore outside of the Champion Backstories we'd probably see something about Elise passing leadership of the cult on or disbanding it entirely.

Dolphin PhD

11-18-2012

Maybe some where deep down she wants to become mortal again?

I mean they give tid bits of lore in TT. The female alter spirit asking, 'If the power was truly worth it.'

We will most likely never know. I miss the summoner journal.