Mastery Question: Veteran's Scars

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadogi

11-11-2012

Is this mastery really worth the point you put into it? I've noticed a lot of builds use this and +30 health, even at level 1, doesn't feel significant enough to justify the point. Even though it would only be a small difference, taking 1/3 in Resistance (+2 Magic Resist), Vigor (1HP/5) or Evasion (-1% AOE Damage) seem like better options.

Is there something I'm not understanding about this mastery?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

30HP at level 1 is a lot, and often champions will build resistance before building health, thus making this mastery point worthy

Crazy Crann

11-11-2012

30HP is almost half of the damage of a level 1 Ignite.

Think about that the next time you survive Ignite with 10HP.

FaerellG

11-11-2012

30 is about the amount of damage you'll take from an auto attack (after armor is applied)

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

for 1 point it gives a lot compared to other talents, but the prereq is a little offputting

the only other real option is hp/5 and more mr/armor whichever you didnt take, which you won't notice really after an item or 2

it basically comes down to the level 1-5 game for the options

if you jungle, the extra hp is more useful for the first clear
for supports i rather have more hp than 2 hp/5 and 3 mr
adc same story, lvl 1 fights can be quick depending on carry and support(blitz graves for example)
ap mid, assuming you don't need mana(thus requiring buff duration)30hp + 6/lvl is basically whichever you prefer, little more hp vs little less damage
top, same as ap mid

ViashinoWizard

11-12-2012

Look at it this way.

A single point in Durability gives you 27 HP at level 18. 1 point in Veteran's Scars gives you 3 more than that at level 1.