Leblanc what the actual ****

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Semper Iratus

11-12-2012

Tbh playing an ap assassin mid like kat your asking for it. Kat counters very few Ap champs and has to gap close to do full damage. This plays into most ap mids playbooks like Malz or Lux or Kassasdin etc the few who panic and are not prepared for you to gap close like maybe a bad ziggs or something make people think kat and akali are good mids...

Now the best counter to LB is someone who can farm from range i personally wipe the floor with LB using Malz. I dont rush rabadons like a lot of people do I get a basic chalice so i dont have to leave lane to mana up and can spam all day and I build the health parts of RoA and Rylais first then finish roa then rylais I run flash and tele so i can instantly come back to lane.

Now I dont have a lot of AP early on however I now can survive anything the enemy can throw at me and peacefully farm rabadons is usually my fourth item and because ive starved the mid of kills and farmed hard I enter late game with 600 AP and 3k health where as most AP mids are glass cannons and get stomped by anyone who catches them from behind in team fights or alone.

At the end of the day you cant complain someone in blind pick is using your hard counter. Especially if your palying an assassin as each one of them are specific counters for other champs talon cant do **** to malphite for example and if people complained about that they would get laughed at.

Pick a more rounded champ if your going blind pick or deal with occasionally being outclassed by another champ either way nothing is wrong with LB if anything she needs a buff as many have said even fed she is still single target extremely squishy and useless in teamfights where cc is being thrown around.

AP Student

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

stop being bad

FarkingTroll

11-12-2012

Le Blanc's level 6 is much better than katarina's level 6. Take advantage of the early game by going super agressive and constantly throwing your bouncing blades on her. If you have to forsake some farm to shove her out of lane, it will be worth it because Le Blanc isn't a good farmer, and once shes gone you've got the lane to yourself.

You should be running movement speed quints rather than AP, it allows you to dodge her chains and sometimes her distortion.

As for items against LB i build haunting guise for the extra health followed by an abyssal. This allows more magic pen. and magic resist.

sergeantballsack

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchXBanister View Post
Here's where I get irritated. You ask for advice and then shoot down the sensible advice you're given. Since you clearly don't know what the actual **** is going on here, you should just listen to the damned advice and shut up.

LeBlanc won't have 20 stacked Mejai's, Deathcap, and Void Staff by lv.6. That's not possible. Even if she killed you ten times in as many minutes and picked up every last hit in the lane and farmed every wraith camp, which is impossible due to her mana constraints, she wouldn't have enough gold to buy all of that.

Abyssal Scepter beats the hell out of LeBlanc. Also, late game, she won't have the range in teamfights to do anything but blow up the nearest person, which should be the TDPS charging at her. Wait for her sigils to fly out and then jump in if you're Kat.

Plus if you buy Banshee's LeBlanc is literally worthless. You negate her first Sigil, she can't pop her ultimate sigil because she had to use her jump to get in range (And if she was already in range you're an idiot for being careless) and she can't land her snare to proc the sigil against anyone with 370 movement speed.
Basically the only "sensible advice" thats been given so far is not play kat. Play someone like fizz or galio who does well against her. I never shot that down. Honestly If a champ is considered balanced because certain champs can survive in lane that makes no sense for gameplay. Its basically saying if you pick champs like kat that you enjoy you just lose if they have leblanc thats dumb. All champs should be able to lane against others with at least some degree of skill deciding how the lane goes. I understand counters have to exist but when 2 champs have the same amount of gold early game and 1 completely wipes the floor no contest with the other thats not a balanced champ.

Nokturnity

11-12-2012

banshee? first

TheScubaTurtle

11-12-2012

To play against lb you gotta actually fight her every now and then, don't let her get away with a q+w, punish her for it, throw some damage in yourself. Additionally, she can't do anything late game unless your whole team is focused around one squishy person, just because her mid-game 1v1 is awesome doesn't mean she is op as a champ.
Additionally, lb counters kat.

Semper Iratus

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeant******** View Post
Basically the only "sensible advice" thats been given so far is not play kat. Play someone like fizz or galio who does well against her. I never shot that down. Honestly If a champ is considered balanced because certain champs can survive in lane that makes no sense for gameplay. Its basically saying if you pick champs like kat that you enjoy you just lose if they have leblanc thats dumb. All champs should be able to lane against others with at least some degree of skill deciding how the lane goes. I understand counters have to exist but when 2 champs have the same amount of gold early game and 1 completely wipes the floor no contest with the other thats not a balanced champ.
As everyone has said LB early game is godlike however its non existant if you can survive to the team fight stage without dying too much or ideally not at all. Complaining a toon like kat is weak early on that performs best when the enemy team has no cc left and is grouped up (ie late game after the beginning of a fight) is silly and naive DEAL.WITH.IT.

I play panth a lot he is awesome early on i fear very few champs... but I am also acutely aware I need to get a farm or kill advantage not to just win my lane but to get the items I need to be more than useless late game failing to do so is like going afk for 20 mins.

However other champs strive for late game obvious ones are nasus and veigar no one who plays nasus complains they cant get kills at lvl 3... stop complaining about niche champs who take more than 1 second of thought to compete with.

Hedgehog Parade

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togetsu View Post
Thought I should throw in my two cents, since I used to play Leblanc quite a bit, and still do on occasion.

First off, you should have MR per level Glyphs. The blue ones, if I'm correct, for pretty much mid altogether. Also, health per level seals, the yellow ones, are good for mitigating burst damage.

During the early levels, she is going to Q harass and try to proc the debuff whenever possible. One choice is to try and exchange, pretty much don't be a *****. You'll be surprised how much damage you can actually pull off exchanging pre lvl 6, as leblanc's total burst revolves around her ult. Your other choice is to push the **** out of lane. Leblanc cannot farm effectively AND harass you at the same time. She either wastes mana securing cs, or throwing her spells at you. She can't do both. In my opinion, just play someone that can push the lane hard, push it out to her tower, then go farm wraiths or gank a lane. Leblanc will either have to sacrifice the wave you pushed to tower to follow you, or stay and farm at tower. Kat is decent in her Q-W combo in pushing the wave.

Now, that early burst damage by Leblanc is quite the *****. The best way to mitigate her early burst damage like that is actually health, and not MR. MR is good, yes, but buying an early giant's belt is better against Leblanc, since, as Kat, you are going to build a rylai's later, anyways. Also, going merc treads instead of your usual sorc boots will not only reduce Leblanc's overall damage, but shorten both the silence and chain snare.

Some other things to keep in mind, Leblanc is really strong during laning phase, as she can not only out-damage just about anyone she faces in lane, but also walk up and down lanes and put out gap-closing, large bursted ganks. However, Leblanc falls really hard once teams start grouping, as she wants to surprise targets that are singled out. Kind of hard to do that when the enemy team is grouped.
Another note, Kat isn't all that dominant in lane, which only widens the gap between these two. Katarina shines at ganking other lanes and teamfights, where her team can protect her from cc. Just remember to build a little tankier than usual, and you should be fine. Abyssal's, Rylai's, merc treads should be decent enough. A well timed Zhonya's should do the trick after that.

BTW if anybody has 20 stacks of ANYTHING, that is entirely your fault at making bad choices. The match-up doesn't matter. That is just being downright outplayed if anyone gets full stacks.
Just throwing that out there that I play Leblanc a fair bit and this is a reasonable analysis of her ability as a mid lane champion. It's true she has high early and mid game power but she starts to fall off when you build health and some MR. As long as you can predict what she is doing and prevent her Q-W or make her fear using it against you, you should be perfectly fine.

Semper Iratus

11-12-2012

Lastly the other day I was top with pantheon and i was versing garen who makes my spear harrass a pointless waste of mana there is no whittling him low enough to jump on him for the kill he regens too fast. And yet i ended up kilins him 11 times and going 26/5 for the game mostly because he got cocky and I punished him for coming through my minion wave every time he ran at me with q. Tanking me and 10 minions killed him fastand often.

I wonder what do you do against Diana who can tank your damage and return it easily or akali? are they Op too?

sergeantballsack

11-12-2012

against diana i gank her or dodge her q or bait her sheild out and the lane is then about who plays it better. Against akali i harras before 6 and avoid letting her detonate her marks/ pink ward bubbles in close duels. How do you outplay a leblanc tho. She literally q-r's you at full hp and your chunks to about 1/3rd. Now what do you do try to farm the minions shes near to get your abysal? No she will just kill you. Go jungle? People keep saying general things like "MR" or "a banshees" But that doesnt help if you cant get them.