The one millionth meta idea you've seen today. This hour.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Bushmaster

11-11-2012

Just something I thought up... I'd like some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Might try it with friends later tonight. If you TL;DR, I understand Its copy pasted from notepad, so its a bit raw.

Meta Idea:
Duo Top/Bot
Solo Mid
No Jungler

Top lane
--------------
AD Sustain champion, global/semi-global ult:
Ashe Draven
Caityln Ezreal
Corki

Tanky Support W/ Engage:
Amumu Malphite
Maokai Leona
Galio

Mid Lane
--------------
Tanky pusher with good farm, high damage:
Yorick Mordekaiser
Nasus Sivir

Bottom Lane
--------------
AP Burst champion w/ CC:
Anivia LeBlanc Karthus
Morgana Zyra Ryze
Veigar Ahri

Tanky Support w/ Single target CC:
Shen Blitzcrank
Rammus Sejuani
Taric Alistar
Early Game
------------------

--The lanes can be swapped. Keep the AP near blue and the AD near red, obviously.
--AD and AP carries step into the jungle as frequently as they can, within reason.
--Supports ward vital jungle objectives and defend when appropriate.
--Bottom ward dragon and bottom bush, top ward baron and bottom bush, mid ward river bushes near mid.
--Supports are zero CS unless their partner is home or dead. GP5/10/15 as needed.
--Mid pushes their tower as quickly as possible, acts as a roaming entity. GP5 maybe, but probably not GP10 or 15.

Mid Game
-------------------
--Once carries feel they are sufficiently farmed, they can push tower and leave lane, or keep farming.
--Mid lane provide ganks and counter-jungling if possible, help lanes for dragon and buffs, ward a lot. A "Gopher" per se.
--Supports buy wards and respective support items. Collaborate to avoid double items.

Late Game
--------------------
--Mid lane becomes a diversion/pusher/split pusher. Should be away from the action trying to take structures.
--Carries continue to farm lanes and jungle mobs, taking dragon whenever available.
--Mid lane continues to be the team's handyman, warding, helping with buffs, counter jungling, and securing dragon/baron.
--Supports do what supports do. Set up kills and save your carries.

Team Fights
--------------------
Team fights should be initiated with your hard engage champion, and followed up by careful target selection. The single-target CC champion should be assisting the carries with singling out the enemy carries and securing kills. Global ultimates should be restrained for low-health fleeing champions, unless a need arises for them earlier. AD carry should be off of the front lines putting damage on higher health champions, while AP Carry should be looking for weak enemies to burst down. The kills balance out when the AD carry secures fleeing enemy kills with long range ulti. Fleeing champions should solely be the responsibility of the two supports and the AD carry. AP carry's kills should come from weak enemies within an actual team fight. At the end of the day, however, a kill is a kill. It should be made a point to feed the carries, obviously. Team fights are pretty highly situational, but this is a rough overview of what should be done.

Vonstahl

11-11-2012

I like you trying to innovate however I think that having to 0cs carrys is worse then one person in two lanes and a jungle being able to pressure all 3 lanes and be the "handyman" I like the idea of a mid being a tanky pusher so they can go and gank other lanes better however I think they would also need high burst and/or a lot of cc to secure the kill (why mid has been left to AP carrys along with wanting a late game champ to get to the late game status sooner) the Yorik can push however his ganks would be underwelming, nasus could do fine as he has a powerful slow and a (hopefully farmed) q, morde would work if the lane he was ganking had cc, and I think Cho would be another very strong option, I dont think siver is really tanky however she does push very well, I love the teamfight idea so long as your AP carry didnt get cced by the other team as they have to get close. All in all I think this is a cool idea I just dont like the idea of getting rid of the jungler.

Sorry for the wall of text the last sentence has the general idea

adc

11-11-2012

The entire problem with this is the lack of a jungler will allow their jungler to place massive pressure on your middle and bottom lanes. If their jungler is competent, you won't be getting a fast middle turret, as they'll be ganked whenever you push. Top lane may go down quickly, assuming the enemy plays someone who can't take a bit of pressure (Nasus, for example).

Also, Nasus would get destroyed in middle lane. He's too late game dependent - his early game is just horrible. Same reason that an AD carry doesn't go mid - a good AP will destroy them. Nasus would really only work against another hero that just needs to farm all lane, like Morgana - and even then he'd have a lot of trouble.

So in short, no, it wouldn't work. If the enemy team does what they're supposed to, you won't be pulling an early mid turret, and your bottom lane will end up severely crippled by the lack of counterganks.

The Bushmaster

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonstahl View Post
I like you trying to innovate however I think that having to 0cs carrys is worse then one person in two lanes
Sorry for the wall of text the last sentence has the general idea
no 0 cs carry... I never said that. Thats dumb. I said two 0 cs supports

The Bushmaster

11-11-2012

Maybe the solo mid wouldn't work, but what if it was duo mid, duo bot, solo top? The jungler has a long way to go to gank top lane. Maybe it'd work better that way?

Nishaven90

11-11-2012

No jungler? Really?

Barso55

11-12-2012

no buff control with no jungler/smite on your team. you will fail

OriginalJack

11-12-2012

Another big problem with not having a jungler is that if one lane does start to fail it will be really hard to turn it around. Yes, mid could try to gank but the mids you listed don't really have the best ganks since they lack gap closers/hard cc.