The Sorry State of Support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RhythmOfOwn

11-11-2012

I honestly do not get decent supports that often, I think that's pretty sad at my ELO.

I'm pretty optimistic about support changes for season 3 however i'm honestly exhausted with the amount of people i've gotten lately that absolutely don't want to support and they end up troll picking ( Xin Zhao support,etc.).

I just got done with a game where my support Zyra did not ward anything and literally ran into the enemy Leonas moves allowing the other AD to get fed and deny me hard.
When I get supports like this it discourages me from the role of AD carry so much.

I don't main support but when it comes time for me to support i gladly pick Taric and show an average understanding of support. Why cant others do the same for me? Why do they not know the proper ward spots?

Keep in mind that i am in an ELO where people should have at least a basic understanding of bottom lane. My skills as an AD carry are not excellent so i do not expect perfect play from myself or my support, but i do expect my support to show an understanding of how the role they are playing works.

I think some changes should be made to the state of support (hopefully they will come with season 3).

I just want to take a moment to shout out all of the support mains that play this game. Thanks, you are the good guys of league. All three of you.

For those of you wondering, i am around 2k ELO.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RhythmOfOwn

11-11-2012

Some tips for supports

- Warding the sides against a CC heavy support is a great way to stop them from zoning your ad carry.

- Engaging against the minion pile is almost never a good idea unless your ad is fed or you know you can handle the damage.

- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not try to help with cs unless you know your ad absolutely needs it.