Who are your most common random characters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkvolcan

11-11-2012

Ya know, because common and predictability are words that should go with random.

I've played a couple dozen ARAMs. Here's about how often I get characters (off top of my head, excluding free characters). I'll try to keep a counter to see which character is more random than the other.

Ahri: 0
Alistar: 2 or 3
Amumu: 2 or 3
Ashe: 1
Cho'Gath: about 15-20
Ezreal: 1
Fiddlesticks: 3 or 4
Garen: 0
Irelia: 4 or 5
Kassadin: 1
Katarina: 2 or 3
Kayle: 0
Kha'Zix: 1
Kog'maw: 0
Lulu: 2
Lux: 2 or 3
Morgana: 4 or 5
Nasus: 4 or 5
Riven: about 10
Ryze: 3
Shaco: 3
Skarner: 0
Sona: 7 or 8
Taric: 2
Tristana: 7 or 8
Twisted Fate: 0
Vayne: 1
Viktor: 1

Other poster's most common characters:
Poppy: 2 people

So my most common random characters are Cho, Riven, and Sona. Cho by far, I literally see him every 2 or 3 games.

I know computer random doesn't really exist, it's all based on algorithms. But if Riot wants to see a drop in dodgers, they should try to find a way to fix this. I don't dodge games personally, but it sure as hell is tempting to when I get Cho'gath every other time someone dodges.

Perhaps a loop that generates numbers randomly until 3 of a type of number are drawn, and this number is then either added, multiplied, divided, or subtracted by another number that came up 3 times. If the result is an incompatible number, then it gets subtracted by the next number that came up 3 times. Or something. That probably won't work if there's already something that comes up often, though.

Kreyni

11-11-2012

Poppy.

The only champion I cannot play.

Why do you hate me RNG.

Darkvolcan

11-11-2012

I'm not that unlucky fortunately. I just get characters who I hate playing, and never get the ones I actually like

Kokuujin

11-11-2012

Poppy. Why, RNG. WHY!?

Grim Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Alistar, Ashe, Vlad, Sona. Haven't played much aram