Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who are your most common random characters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkvolcan

11-11-2012

Ya know, because common and predictability are words that should go with random.

I've played a couple dozen ARAMs. Here's about how often I get characters (off top of my head, excluding free characters). I'll try to keep a counter to see which character is more random than the other.

Ahri: 0
Alistar: 2 or 3
Amumu: 2 or 3
Ashe: 1
Cho'Gath: about 15-20
Ezreal: 1
Fiddlesticks: 3 or 4
Garen: 0
Irelia: 4 or 5
Kassadin: 1
Katarina: 2 or 3
Kayle: 0
Kha'Zix: 1
Kog'maw: 0
Lulu: 2
Lux: 2 or 3
Morgana: 4 or 5
Nasus: 4 or 5
Riven: about 10
Ryze: 3
Shaco: 3
Skarner: 0
Sona: 7 or 8
Taric: 2
Tristana: 7 or 8
Twisted Fate: 0
Vayne: 1
Viktor: 1

Other poster's most common characters:
Poppy: 2 people

So my most common random characters are Cho, Riven, and Sona. Cho by far, I literally see him every 2 or 3 games.

I know computer random doesn't really exist, it's all based on algorithms. But if Riot wants to see a drop in dodgers, they should try to find a way to fix this. I don't dodge games personally, but it sure as hell is tempting to when I get Cho'gath every other time someone dodges.

Perhaps a loop that generates numbers randomly until 3 of a type of number are drawn, and this number is then either added, multiplied, divided, or subtracted by another number that came up 3 times. If the result is an incompatible number, then it gets subtracted by the next number that came up 3 times. Or something. That probably won't work if there's already something that comes up often, though.

Kreyni

11-11-2012

Poppy.

The only champion I cannot play.

Why do you hate me RNG.

Darkvolcan

11-11-2012

I'm not that unlucky fortunately. I just get characters who I hate playing, and never get the ones I actually like

Kokuujin

11-11-2012

Poppy. Why, RNG. WHY!?

Grim Reaper

11-11-2012

Alistar, Ashe, Vlad, Sona. Haven't played much aram