Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Level 1 Name Hoggers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theft

11-11-2012

Alright so, you know it's really hard to get a decent summoner name that's like a proper word and only one word alone. What really bugs me is the fact that you get these accounts that have been level 1 for like half a year and have no activity what so ever or are just plain inactive with names you'd die for. I was just wondering if LoL actually do wipe these useless accounts or what? It's really annoying. I'd be willing to use RP to change my name to another but when I see if it's taken, it's usually always taken by some inactive/never used level 1 summoner.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrathraex

11-11-2012

*Reads OP's name.

NEXMaRin

11-11-2012

Hogger.
A fine name for a fine Gnoll.

LawlerBrawler

11-11-2012

I think you missed the joke

Elsaliss

11-11-2012

Basically what happens is Riot does a name reset sweep and then another person goes and makes a level 1 account with that favorable one word name and never uses the account, ever.

I don't really see how you could 'brag' about getting a cool name account when it's unused anyway.

Big Fat Unicorn

11-11-2012

I like cats

Layla

11-11-2012

I think there was a red post from a couple of weeks ago saying they would set up a name wipe soon.

I only hope that they impose stricter requirements on keeping the names. Last time, you only needed to reach level 5. Now look at all the level 5 inactive accounts camping names.