Help with Akali mid plz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AXyooj

11-11-2012

I need some advice on Going Mid with Akali. Each time I go Mid with her it seems like i'm always losing my lane, is it because i'm not aggressive enough or? Just need some advice to better my gameplay because I do fine Mid-Late game.

chezwickcheese

11-11-2012

You shouldn't have too much trouble mid with Akali. She has decent poke and burst damage once you reach level 6. Who do you have trouble with?

JRiMi

11-11-2012

Make sure u have runes/masteries for double passive so u can start boots 3. And at lvl 6 you should be looking to kill kill kill.

Varkrey

11-11-2012

If you're really being bullied, you can always use your W, avoid any AoE moves they throw in the center, and use your Q, E or basic attack to last hit mobs until your jungler can give you a gank, at which point you can R into the fight, W to hide yourself and slow their escape, then Q+E+R again to hopefully finish them off.

Akali is a very high-risk champion, you have to be quick on skill use and good at psyching the opponent out to play her well. She does very well against point-and-click champions, but doesn't do so well against AoE/stun champions like Morgana, Lux, Brand and Twisted Fate.

adc

11-11-2012

Anyone who can poke Akali early on will destroy her.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

To be honest, I find the secret to Akali is MS Quints. When you think about her passives, one of them is really necessary for laning, and the other is not. So you can just rune for one, pick up MS Quints, and then have room left over for MR + HP or whatever.

You need to be throwing a lot of Kamas at your opponent. Ideally, you sit in the middle of minions, and use superior harassment + sustain to own the lane pre-6. Then you can just last hit with impunity. Save Twilight Shroud for jungler ganks, since it is an epicly free escape from any situation.

Against a heavier opponent (such as Morde) there's not so much you can do. Just use Kama to last hit, and when your jungler comes by throw down Shroud behind your opponent to slow their escape. 14% does sound like a lot, but it's surprising how many people don't know that her Shroud also slows, and they won't be expecting to be caught out.

When it comes time to gank, you have to decide if you're going to Q -> R, or R -> Q. The advantage of R -> Q is that you get all three of your dashes off quicker, and of course it begins at a higher range. But if you can Q -> R the suddenness of it all can surprise enemies, and make them off balance, and of course you'll be able to pursue better if they have several escapes.

AXyooj

11-11-2012

Ty all for the Advice! Good to know that in the LoL community I can get a lot of help.

Terrelllll

11-11-2012

You generally want to play pretty passive and last hit with your Q (pre-6), trying to take as little harassment as possible. Then when you hit 6 just drop your combo on them. Very few can trade with an akali at level 6. Her combo and burst is insane.