Jayce viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

e Zinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Hey guys, is Jayce still viable after the latest nerf? I'm thinking of buying him.

Cocoboy

Senior Recruiter

11-11-2012

Simple answer. Yes!

DriedPrunes

11-11-2012

yes

Soliasildo

11-11-2012

He still has great poke, it's just not as soul-crushing to go up against. In hammer form his To the Skies!/Thundering Blow is still an insta-win of a trade, and acceleration gate/Shock Blast is equally nasty, and some of the best poke in the game.

e Zinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Well I bought him, and if any of you Jayce players could offer some insight it would be great:

I am following the mobafire guide for Jayce, and it seems like he is awfully squishy. Am I supposed to build more defense or offense on him top lane?

Sketch

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbiestn00b View Post
Well I bought him, and if any of you Jayce players could offer some insight it would be great:

I am following the mobafire guide for Jayce, and it seems like he is awfully squishy. Am I supposed to build more defense or offense on him top lane?
If you are up against a Garen, Darius, etc whenever they try to get a cs, deny them hard, they will never win a trade with you if you play it right.Do NOT spam your poke you will be oom and when their jungle comes to gank, you have no escapes besides your flash.

Mercafe

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbiestn00b View Post

mobafire

Shyric

11-11-2012

He's a serious mana hog if you spam his skills like pre-nerf. Definitely have to play him more conservatively early, but I still like him a lot. Pretty sure Tritank's still the way to go unless you want DPS Jayce or something.

Ogdain

11-11-2012

Pentakill'd with him in my last played game.

Tomorrow Never Dies.

Parametrics

11-11-2012

Basically keep harassing them with e -> q in cannon form every time the go for cs.
If possible last hit in hammer form to get mana.
If you want to kill them:
in Cannon: e->q change stance then ignite q - > auto -> e