[PETITION] JesterCapp's Mardok the Fisher of Souls

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sabnitron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2010

JesterCapp, one of Riot's animators (heavily involved with the animations of Urgot and Swain), posted a link to his website(http://www.jeremyputnam.com//) in his @JesterCapp thread. One of the alert players noted some art in the gallery for "Mardok, Fisher of Souls" was excellent, and suggested that it might be a champion. Jestercapp replied that

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterCapp View Post
Once upon a time that was my intent, so if enough people like this idea, I might just do a new concept portrait and start shopping it around the office.

Well, obviously Mordak looks both amazing and unique, and would be a great addition to the game. Possibly some kind of skill shot with the "Grim Reeler", and the net toss could obviously be some kind of aoe snare. And maybe some kind of passive effect that increased from last hitting, which would represent his "thriving on the life force of other creatures".

So, this is an official petition to bring Jestercapp's dream into reality. I'm in full support of Mardok. Are YOU?

UPDATE 10/06/2010 7PM JesterCapp earlier posted the following in the other thread:
Quote:
- Regarding Mardok: Thanks to everyone who's made me excited about this character again! As I've mentioned before, skeleton characters are taboo in China and therefore we hesitate to make any content we'll have to RE-make for that market. For that reason, I can predict pretty reasonably that Mardok will not be made into a champion in his current incarnation. I'm playing around with him a bit to see what other forms the Grim Reeler might take, however...
Well, now we know a skeleton is right out, which saddens me a great deal. However, I'm sure the skeleton aspect can be changed while preserving the overall concept and flavor of the character.

Possible solution 1: a more classical grim reaper, with overlarge black hood and long robes. Not sure if skeletal hands are okay with the Chinese market though.

Possible solution 2: a bloated and waterlogged corpse; a likely drowning victim. This would fit in with the fisherman angle, while allowing him to still be undead.

Possible solution 3: a gaunt and desiccated corpse. A body mummified through magics and an airtight environment instead of through embalming and wrapping techniques. This would keep with the background of lost and killed while exploring a cave, and kept alive through secret hidden dark magic found there.

Please, your contributions are definitely wanted! Either in terms of fleshing out one of the above ideas, or with a new idea that I will then add to this post.

Thanks for all the support, guys! +101 overnight!

UPDATE 10/06/2010 7:40PM JesterCapp replied with the following in the other thread:
Quote:
@ Sabnitron - Awesome! I like idea #3 the most, with the desiccated body. We need to avoid all exposed bone, I believe. What I'll probably do tonight is start doing paint-overs of the original concept with a bunch of new ideas. Thanks again!
Well, slap my ass and call me Sally. He's totally in to this! Thanks, JesterCapp. You're fan-****ing-tastic. Don't feel like you have to make something happen right now just because I'm bumping a thread a bunch, haha.

UPDATE 10/28/2010 3:40PM
Fixed the link to JersterCapp's website. Thanks for pointing that out, Bloodwolf.

UPDATE 03/06/2011 6:00AM
Briefly asked @Jestercapp if there was any news regarding Mardok. He tweeted back:
Quote:
@Sabnitron no updates unfortunately. :c lots of other ideas also in the works. If I keep iterating on him, should I keep undead theme?
To which I replied:
Quote:
@jestercapp Absolutely! I feel like the game could use one or two more undead/zombie type champions.
To which he replied:
Quote:
@Sabnitron I'm with you! We'll see what I can do, will keep iterating away. He hasn't gone anywhere in the champion pipeline as of now.
So there you have it. He's not hit the development tubes yet, but he's not yet forgotten. I'm gonna wait a month or two and see if I can talk JesterCapp into posting a new pic or two of Mardok. I'm dying to see the evolution of a champion, haha.

UPDATE 06/07/201111:52 PM
JesterCapp confirmed via twitter that the upcoming champion "Yorick" is not connected in any way to Mardok. Either way, I feel the same way he does - Yorick is in the same vein, and I'm super excited to see him fully unveiled.
Quote:
@Sabnitron Yorick is a separate concept, but I was happy to see him move forward; he has much of the appeal/ silhouette that Mardok had IMO.
Original post here:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...278421&page=10

EequaltoMC2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2010

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS , definetly!
Wow, its taking waaaay to long
EDIT: cmon guys more posts, tell ur friends.
I cant wait to be all like hook and grab someone and pull em back really far

Leib Olmai

10-05-2010

+1

Blaine66

10-05-2010

LETS DO IIIIIT!

I've always wanted an actual fisherman...

Prosecutor Godot

10-05-2010

He looks really sweet. I mean, a skeleton fisherman? Just awesome.

He better be able to reel you in, though!

Bolshoi

10-05-2010

I approve this message. Soul Fisher ftw!

Faintblade

10-05-2010

Showing my support. Totally looks awesome!

timaxman

10-05-2010

bumping

Sabnitron

10-05-2010

Aight, I'm off to bed so I don't hate myself at work tomorrow morning. I pledge to keep this thread bumped until I see "Champion Spotlight: Mardok" on the front page.

Thanks for the support, guys!

hightech

10-05-2010

This is a neat idea. It's not mind-blowing or anything though.