Leona more than a support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pocodude2

11-11-2012

Would she work top lane? She has so many stuns which could make her a very efficient in her trades. I plan to try this personally i just have not been able to get around to it yet. And i am curious to know if anyone else has tried this and would know if it would work. Or if it is just a stupid idea in general.

Vizzlepeez

11-11-2012

I love leona shes one of my modt played but for top her damage just isnt there. U can trade with a lot of champs alright cuz ur shield but by going solo u waste ur passive until ur jungle comes and if u dont have a high damage jungler good luck killing the guy. U should try it though. Trinity force would be a must after some gp5.

fattyy2k

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizzlepeez View Post
I love leona shes one of my modt played but for top her damage just isnt there. U can trade with a lot of champs alright cuz ur shield but by going solo u waste ur passive until ur jungle comes and if u dont have a high damage jungler good luck killing the guy. U should try it though. Trinity force would be a must after some gp5.
I agree. Leona makes a far better support, but I dont doubt that she can do a to lane. Its just like alot of champions in the jungle. Some are obviously made to excell at that roll while other can do it, just not as well. Give it a shot, have some fun, then shock everyone when you find that it works :P

Ferr3t

11-11-2012

She can do top lane, and I enjoy playing her there whenever she goes on free week (I'm focusing on getting all my top laners before other champs) but you'll never get the kills you need, you'll very rarely force the other guy out of lane, and honestly she's just better off as a support.

That being said, give it a try if you get the chance for funsies.

deirin

11-11-2012

idk...leona is like....stun stun..and bam ... useless rest of the fight ... a lane with her in it means less dmg too so yea...maybe if you got the dmg to back it up in a 5v5 but... most likelly gonna fail i think

Sky Mence

11-11-2012

Unless you have a high burst jungler that camps top whole game, dont do it lol

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

If your job is to only fight champions when allies are present, that role is called "jungler."

She does decently in the jungle--two AoE abilities, and divine ganks.

JJ Unbreakable

11-11-2012

Anyone can solo lane.

Leona (like Amumu, Ali and Blitz) benefit more from being with team-mates.
They can capitalise on her stuns and Leona's passive means having a buddy results in dealing more damage. Especially since Leona is unable to activate the additional damage herself.

Wubbitas

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocodude2 View Post
Would she work top lane? She has so many stuns which could make her a very efficient in her trades. I plan to try this personally i just have not been able to get around to it yet. And i am curious to know if anyone else has tried this and would know if it would work. Or if it is just a stupid idea in general.
I've wrecked top with LEona several times. She's really strong.

Rumbles

11-11-2012

You take top lane Leona and I'll play Nasus lol.