The point of draft picks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vonstahl

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSnafu View Post
top is near the bottom because like is said above if you see someone picks jax you can then counter him with malph making them either have to be really good at jax and u bad at malph if thats not the case u win the lane, whereas with support counters affect them very little compared to the rest, also every champ has a counter so if you are near last theres a very good chance you already know who there top is going to be and can then counter it
ya because that 4th pick blitz doesnt turn all teamfights into a 4v5 right, by now they have picked a carry and if they took kog for instence late game thats the teamfight right there unless they have a jex irelia

plz pardon my spelling

KingSnafu

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonstahl View Post
I think you are fogetting about lane synergy, skill, and counter building

While counter picks are always helpful and do "set you up to win the lane" unless the other mid has a jungle with great lane synergy, now I havent played ranked, just with people who have because I am more into playing for the joy then getting a rating based on my relative skill, so I cant think of any off the top of my head (if you know as much as you lead on you should be able to) however I think that lane synergy could undo all that your counter pick does and get 2 people fed (assists give gold too) instead of 1 and now the jungler has stronger ganks for the other lanes lowering the chances of the jungler being bot ready to gank but making the reprcausions for getting that cs a lot worse if he is, also with skill you can often work your way around many situations, I have seen many counter picks fall flat of there faces just because they pick a champ to counter pick

I think you have some good points in that there is a general preference however I think I would like to pick shen first if not banned and he is rarly a support, I may also think of champs who can be in multiple rolls like malph who can jungle, top, mid, and I have seen support. So I think there are many other factors to look at

also whoever said the people under 20 are the problem, I am a few years under 20 and have been in very few cases a problem, I learned the mechanics, comps, strats, items, and champs and am now working on synergys and counters, I think the problem is just the community in general not really a specific demographic exept for those who haven figured the game out, and thats not a problem they just need practice and in many cases to get more mature (something many adults are still working on

I think you just need to read all of my posts and not just the first page,

Quote:
ya because that 4th pick blitz doesnt turn all teamfights into a 4v5 right, by now they have picked a carry and if they took kog for instence late game thats the teamfight right there unless they have a jex irelia

plz pardon my spelling

???????

Vonstahl

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSnafu View Post
you really have no argument this is all just a bunch of random what ifs. I can say What if X to absolutely any good idea besides the laws of physics and even those can change with time.
arnt you indirectly having a what if for your pick order?
if you pick top first instead of support what if they counter pick it?
answer "well in many cases (assuming = skill) it will be more of a problem in top lane
you do this repeatedly to come up with the order no?

KingSnafu

11-14-2012

Quote:
arnt you indirectly having a what if for your pick order?
if you pick top first instead of support what if they counter pick it?
answer "well in many cases (assuming = skill) it will be more of a problem in top lane
you do this repeatedly to come up with the order no?

if your going by my pick order... then you wouldnt pick top first there at where they are because assuming does not equal skill i cant pick shen top as first pick just because its not banned, they would simply pick teemo and zone you all game. Either making your jungle have to babysit you so that you can CS (which forces him to neglect all the other lanes and lose out on cs himself) or what i would do and just hope u turret hug and last hit minions so u can give your jungle easy ganks, by picking shen first your putting yourself on defensive from the char select screen and putting a burden on your jungle all unnecessarily just because you want shen. Which is what all the opposition to the idea comes from, doing it this way takes away the self centered ideaology that people love in favor of a logical way of doing it.