True Power of Annie

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NecroCryptic

11-11-2012

Okay, so I'm writing this to point out things I see free-week Annie's doing (by free-week, I'm basically referring to people with less experience at playing Annie) and I also hope to answer so question I see all the time in the forums.

Annie is by far my favorite AP mage champion (and mid-laner in general)! Annie was the first champion I learned to play. She's been my main champ for 2 years now. Recently, I haven't played her as much because I'm trying to get a little better at other roles, but usually when I see an Annie in lane I almost want to facepalm. The things they do are so wrong! I'm not saying I'm the best player or even the best Annie player, but c'mon, really guys?

First of all... Yes, Annie is viable.
If you can play her right, her only hard counters are....

Drum roll please..........

Talon (avoid AoE and silences + does a lot of damage) and Kassadin (avoid AoE and silences + does a lot of damage)

Last hitting

Use your Q to last hit, the mana is returned. Annie also has really high basic attack range (auto attack). Use your auto attacks to last hit too.
If the enemy mid laner is pushing hard, use your auto attacks on minions to lower its health then use your Q to get the last hit.
Don't be afraid to occasionally use your W to last hit, if you Q is on CD or you need to kill multiple minions.

Summoner spells

Clarity..........Why? If you have the right runes and stack a few Doran's, you will almost never run out of mana.
Heal.........Not worth it. Ever. Annie's job is to kill. That's should be your mindset. Kill them before they kill you, is what I always say.
Exhaust........No comment. *Picks up handgun*
The only summoner spells for Annie are Flash and Ignite.

Build

This is THE build:

Sorcerer's Boots
Rabadon's Deathcap*
Void Staff
Zhonya's Hourglass*

Abyssal Scepter

Bold=Core
*Get these no matter what

If you haven't yet tried it, rush a Deathcap. You'll never go back...

But, wait there's only 5 items there!
The last item depends. Usually it's a Guardian Angel or Rylai's Crystal Scepter.
But, wait! What about DFG?
I used to get DFG. I still get it sometimes. But I like Abyssal better now. You are and AoE champ not target champ.
But, wait! That build is really squishy, won't you die a lot?
"Kill them before they kill you." Building more tanky will reduce your damage and you won't be as effective.
But, RoA is a good item isn't it.
It's okay.

Random Tips

Always keep an eye on Pyromaniac (passive).

Don't broadcast your stun when possible. Get one stack before the stun then use your E to get it just before you stun the target.

In team fights, you wanna kill the enemy ADC and APC. This is usually really easy.

The ultimate combo is R-Q-W-Q but it's easier to do R-W-Q-Q.

Use your E if you know your going to take some damage in the next couple seconds. e.i. Just before you go in to AoE combo the enemy team.

Use the ultimate combo on as many people as possible. Use the Q on the AD or AD carries if possible.
Try to catch the carry alone, separated from their team. If you can do this they're screwed. (LOL)
Killing under turret: Its easy if the minions are pushing the turret its easy to kill carries and supports. Try it. It's hard to explain.
If someone is chasing you, even if you can kill them easily, bait them a bit. Run, look as helpless as possible. Then kill them. Chances are their team won't jump on you fast enough afterwards.
NEVER KS YOUR ADC. EVER. You want them to get as fed as possible.
If you see someone diving on the ADC, kill him. To serve and protect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elodin View Post
Maybe I missed it, but you need to talk about using AAs to harass enemies in lane.

Also, Leblanc hurts Annie, among other people I'm sure. Cass is a pain.
- Auto-attacking to harass is usually a good idea. Agaisnt some champions you might also want to harass with your Q, or even a Q(stun)>W combo.
- Leblanc is a counter. I haven't seen her in ages, so I totally forgot.
- Cass is annoying, but not a hard counter if you play smart.

Elodin

11-11-2012

Maybe I missed it, but you need to talk about using AAs to harass enemies in lane.

Also, Leblanc hurts Annie, among other people I'm sure. Cass is a pain.

TeknoWizard

11-11-2012

I'd point out that Cleanse is a rather good option. I've countered the hell out of certain Talons by just cleansing the silence, and bursting them when they stand on top of me.

Judas Priest

11-12-2012

I have a few questions.

- Why do you suggest Zhonya? If it's for the sustain, wouldn't it be better a Rylai's Scepter, since it gives more HP and it grants CC to all Annie's abilities?

- What do you thing about Deathfire Grasp instead of Abyssal Scepter? You will lack a little MR, but you can initiate your combo doing 15%+ magic damage with DFG active.

- Why do you initiate with R? I usually do this combo: Q > R > W > Q, because I have 100% chance of landing R properly and the last Q will be ready faster since I initiated with Q.

- Do you really trust your E for deffensive purposes? And in which level do you take a point in it? I always find myself only using E for stacking her passive and I usually take it about level 12 or when team fights start.

If you haven't seen yet, maybe you could check this thread I posted:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2778293

Judas Priest

11-12-2012

Oh, and there is a bug with Annie at the momment. Check details here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2786235

Bump that thread please to encourage Riot to fix it as soon as possible.

NecroCryptic

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
I have a few questions.

- Why do you suggest Zhonya? If it's for the sustain, wouldn't it be better a Rylai's Scepter, since it gives more HP and it grants CC to all Annie's abilities?

- What do you thing about Deathfire Grasp instead of Abyssal Scepter? You will lack a little MR, but you can initiate your combo doing 15%+ magic damage with DFG active.

- Why do you initiate with R? I usually do this combo: Q > R > W > Q, because I have 100% chance of landing R properly and the last Q will be ready faster since I initiated with Q.

- Do you really trust your E for deffensive purposes? And in which level do you take a point in it? I always find myself only using E for stacking her passive and I usually take it about level 12 or when team fights start.

If you haven't seen yet, maybe you could check this thread I posted:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2778293
- Rylai's is a good item and I do get it sometimes (the game is usually over before you finish your build). Really, though, the Zhonya's is for the ablitiy power and armor. A lot of people forget about the armor it offers, and with

the standard runes (Magic Pen Reds, Mana Regen Yellows, Magic Resist Blues, Ability Power Quints). Usually, Zhonya's would be my 4th item, but the order depends on the enemy team (as well as your own). +The active on Zhonya's is really good if used properly.

- DFG might be good early on (like in the laning/ganking phase) but it's not as useful in team fights later on. R-W-Q or even R-W is enough to take out carries during a team fight, so using DFG isnt all that necessary anyway. If you're in a "farm match" where you'll be farming in lane most of the game and not much is happening you might want to get a Lucky Pick (gp10) then build it into DFG. In lane kills should be easy. If you're taking a lot of harass in lane get an Abyssal Scepter early (third item maybe).

- Basically, initiating with R does more damage (the amount of extra damage increase with your AP, so this combo becomes stronger the more AP you build), if you take into account Tibbers AoE the math is simple. But Q > R > W > Q is a very good combo, much easier to perform, and better if you know the target will dodge your R. In team fights though, you definitaly want to try to initiate with R (and stun whenever possible)

- Don't underestimate Annie's E. It's very strong. I get it at level 5 for sure. Sometimes I get an extra point in it if I'm turret diving a lot or taking a lot of damage. But, you right it's main use is for charging you stun. Of course I max E last.

TY

NecroCryptic

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
I'd point out that Cleanse is a rather good option. I've countered the hell out of certain Talons by just cleansing the silence, and bursting them when they stand on top of me.
Yep, cleanse might be a good pick against so champions, but obviously you don't want it to be your "standard" summoner spell.
i.e. You wouldn't pick it in blind normal.