Orianna - blatantly OP or somewhat UP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPancake Bandit View Post
why don't people go back to trying to get kat nerfed and leave Ori alone....
well from reading the latest notes (as of 4 days ago which may have changed) kat is getting nerfed...so now they are picking on Orianna.

Orianna is one of those champs that you have to build your team around to take full advantage of her. She has a lot of CC and as the OP pointed out..malphite is a prime champ to use as she can ball malph he can bum rush in knockign everyone up have the shield on and orriana can W,R combo them. Orianna is a great lane bully but her true calling is in teamfights where she can combo her skills with someone that can get all or most of the group into one spot. This type of skill set is hard to work with in solo que as you need flawless timing and the ability to utilize teamwork with little to no mistakes to pull off or just dumb luck if you are solo quing depending on elo. Lower level elo many tend to not understand why that little ball is floating around them and that it gives them bonuses. So they hold back. Higher level elo many know what ori can do and use that to their advantage.

Melos

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornFan91 View Post
you cant use hard to play as an arguement because you have to assume people are good with their champions. if a champion was "hard to play" but when mastered is simply better than every other champion in the game, thats called overpowered.
but a well played orianna is a monster to have to play against, and in my opinion she's really strong to slightly overpowered.
SHE LOSES MORE THAN WINS. Remember, lolking is ALL players, not just the "assume people are good with their champions". So you really can't just assume that they are good with ori, jeez lol. You are obviously the wrong one here. Stuff is OP because they are easy to use and a lot of players can win with them, and they have to WIN MORE THAN LOSE. You don't say a champ is OP for winning 20% of their games. Look at OP Ezreal.

http://www.lolking.net/champions/ezreal#statistics

Ezreal wins 55% to 51% of all his games. Ezreal is OP because it's not 50% which is the standard case for most champs, and that's for all Ezreal players in the world.

murlocmancer

11-11-2012

I personally think she is balanced, although i miss the old Q ori

RamenBLD

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriedPrunes View Post
The only reason for the low win rate is because there is too many bad players trying to user her and failing
You are somewhat right. However, can you not say that that is due to a higher skill cap and that it is because she is difficult to master people are failing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pldl
Lots of people just throw Q's around, never autoattack, and miss ults repeatedly
This may be the answer.

I find it funny how a "higher skill cap" champ like Orianna is being complained about, while other easy-to-play champs that are actually OP, the community think is fine. One starts with a D and the other starts with a J.

UnicornFan91

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelosW View Post
SHE LOSES MORE THAN WINS. Remember, lolking is ALL players, not just the "assume people are good with their champions". So you really cant' assume that they are good with ori, jeez lol. You are the wrong one here. Stuff is OP because they are easy, they have to WIN MORE THAN LOSE. Look at OP Ezreal.

http://www.lolking.net/champions/ezreal#statistics

Ezreal wins 55% to 51% of all his games. Ezreal is OP because it's not 50%, that's for all Ezreal players in the world.
you cant balance around people who aren't good. that is why winrate isn't always the end all indicator of balance.
if a champion played at a proficient level, and is better than other champions played at a proficient level, then that champion is overpowered.

here is a thread that explains why win rate does not equate to overpoweredness, btu i doubt you will actually read it.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2498690

AcrobaticApricot

11-11-2012

She is balanced in solo queue but a bit too good in organized play.

Melos

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornFan91 View Post
you cant balance around people who aren't good. that is why winrate isn't always the end all indicator of balance.
if a champion played at a proficient level, and is better than other champions played at a proficient level, then that champion is overpowered.

here is a thread that explains why win rate does not equate to overpoweredness, btu i doubt you will actually read it.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2498690
That's like saying Elo doesn't equal to player skill bro. Heresy!

Slinkywheel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

she's blatantly balanced

Kirballs1

11-11-2012

Love shielding amumu as he initiates into ult as I ults and my team jumps on them,with that said she's great in certain teams,and lackluster in others.

UnicornFan91

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelosW View Post
That's like saying Elo doesn't equal to player skill bro. Heresy!
let me try using numerical examples so maybe its easier to understand.
lets pick an arbitrary threshold where if your skill with orianna exceeds that, she becomes stronger than other champions. let's go with 75/100.

you need to be above the 75% threshold to make orianna considered overpowered.

however, win rate does equate to gaining elo because you have to be above the 50% win rate threshold to increase in elo.

it is harder to be 75% proficient with orianna than it is to win 51% of your games.
i hope this makes it somewhat clear.