Orianna - blatantly OP or somewhat UP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krebstar

11-11-2012

You can debate OP all you want, but she's definitely NOT UP. She sees tourney play and gets contested as a first pick, has decent laning w/ great burst and utility... she's very strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockbound View Post
She's balanced.

Why don't people get this?
The same reason they think you don't get that she isn't balanced: because this whole debate is going to come down to anecdotal evidence and doesn't really go anywhere.

On a deeper note: how do you know what "balanced" is? When people say "perfectly balanced", I have to stop and wonder how they make that judgment...

TzAnonymous

11-11-2012

She is perfectly balanced. She's only "OP" when you got a very skilled player behind her, she has a very high skill level.

PS: Has anyone noticed that she's been picked frequently ever since the Season II Finals? Before that, no one used to play with her.

Pldl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

She destroys in tournament play for two reason: Team Synergy and Skill.
Orianna's Speed Boost is huge in competitive play, since everyone is working together. (AOE Speed=Greater map control) Combined with Shyvana Ult or a gap closer, her Ult can easily hit a lot of people in a teamfight.
This is less important in solo queue, because its much harder to work together when you don't really know what your teammates are doing.
Second, Orianna is pretty hard to play. Lots of people just throw Q's around, never autoattack, and miss ults repeatedly.

NomuGosu

11-11-2012

I'd say shes somewhere between balanced and op.

DaPancake Bandit

11-11-2012

why don't people go back to trying to get kat nerfed and leave Ori alone....

UnicornFan91

11-11-2012

you cant use hard to play as an arguement because you have to assume people are good with their champions. if a champion was "hard to play" but when mastered is simply better than every other champion in the game, thats called overpowered.
but a well played orianna is a monster to have to play against, and in my opinion she's really strong to slightly overpowered.

DriedPrunes

11-11-2012

No she's OP. I don't know why ppl use win rates. I guess its because win rates are so damn easy to understand instead of learning them mechanics. She's OP, she can farm safely, has a ton of utility, and burst.

Every single top AP player uses her for a reason. The only reason for the low win rate is because there is too many bad players trying to user her and failing

Melos

11-11-2012

In the hands of a good player, she's gooddddd. But she's hard to play, not everyone can use her, and a lot of people that just copy the pro's get facerolled using her.

Coltaine00

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriedPrunes View Post
No she's OP. I don't know why ppl use win rates. I guess its because win rates are so damn easy to understand instead of learning them mechanics. She's OP, she can farm safely, has a ton of utility, and burst.

Every single top AP player uses her for a reason. The only reason for the low win rate is because there is too many bad players trying to user her and failing
She even has an under 50% win rate in Plat. So I would dispute that "baddies" are not using her to full effect.

Blakk Majikk

11-11-2012

Oriannas have sometimes caught me off-guard with how much damage they do. They can be behind and somehow 3 shot me, when I've always assumed Ori is something of a sustained damage utility caster. I'm starting to suspect she's really strong and might be comparable to Jayce- large amounts of damage and utility in one place- but perhaps harder to play.