Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Female champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naez13

11-11-2012

Riot in trying to avoid the cliche of the damsel in distress type of girl has run into a different cliche of every single female champ being a strong independent woman who don't neeeeeeed no man. In a game where they try to present a wide diversity of characters there seems to be well a lack of diversity. Just my thoughts.

Jamaree

11-11-2012

...Lack of damsels in distress is a bad thing? Sexist much?

MCMCMAN2

11-11-2012

So your saying that the most badass people in the world who came to fight to the death and battle dragons and a giant sea monster should be in distress? I feel that is a little reverse-logical.
But no, its not sexist. At all really. Its just an observation.

Naez13

11-11-2012

I'm not saying there should be a damsel in distress but Riot has said before that they make female champs trying to avoid the normal game roles of women which in most games is the damsel in distress. I'm saying all of them are the same. no familial connections, no husbands or kids, with the exception of ashe who's marriage was completely political anyway. all of them are cold and hard. Really you could say all champions male and female are done that way.

Bombkirby

11-11-2012

He worded that terribly. You don't say "I want a weak damsel in distress" because that sounds degrading and not even appealing!

But it WOULD be nice if they added a cute/girly female champion like Lulu/Lux again. Lulu provided me with many laughs. She's funny! The girly attitude is fun! Seriously most of the newer female champions sound angry or emo, talking about killing things, hatred and feeling sorry for themselves. Diana, Elise, Syndra, Zyra are ALL like that. It is getting a little redundant. Lets get some happiness back in their personalities, some cheeriness or anything.

I'm betting that support female with no feet/legs or whatever will fit the bill though so no worries!

Jamaree

11-11-2012

Quote:
Naez13:
I'm not saying there should be a damsel in distress but Riot has said before that they make female champs trying to avoid the normal game roles of women which in most games is the damsel in distress. I'm saying all of them are the same. no familial connections, no husbands or kids, with the exception of ashe who's marriage was completely political anyway. all of them are cold and hard. Really you could say all champions male and female are done that way.

Ahri wants to have fun and steal men's souls?

Annie might as well be dating Amumu/playing with his heart

Cass was and still is a temptress

Janna is about as flower as you can get in this game

Lux....really, how is Lux cold and hard? Honestly?

Sona just wants to play her harp.

So once again, wtf are you talking about?

Eruza

11-12-2012

Why would a damsel in distress be in "The League of Legends" where the strongest, fiercest, and most cunning gather to settle disputes through violence and skill? If she actually wanted to be in the League, she would cease to be in distress and become a "strong independent woman who don't neeeeeeed no man."

Kagami

11-12-2012

Quote:
Naez13:

Elise has children just look at her passive :3; she even fights with them!

Oh, you meant human children.

Well I guess none of have children, but a lot of them do have familial ties to other champions

Morgana and Kayle are sisters.

Garen and Lux are siblings.

Cassiopeia and Katarina are sisters

Sejauni and Ashe are distance relatives, and rivals to the same throne.

Akali, Shen, and Kennen are bonded as the Kinkou Order.

Rimous

11-12-2012

I think it would be a nice addition to have a cute girly champion as a tank.

RadiantPyrophore

11-12-2012

Quote:
Rimous:
I think it would be a nice addition to have a cute girly champion as a tank.

*Cough* Leona *Cough*