Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Idea for Barrier on Summoners Rift

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

j0shmo33

11-11-2012

So, if they really are adding barrier as a summoner spell to summoners rift, I think it would be slightly broken and frustrating because everyone would take it, which would mean it would need to be nerfed a lot to be balanced and encourage diversity. It is a great spell though, and I have a suggestion for a minor change to it that would help.

What if on summoners rift you changed Barrier so that it cannot be self cast, but instead can be cast on an ally to give the shield? Kind of like Soraka's infuse? I think this would add a cool new option for support players and tanks for laning and team fights, as well as discouraging everyone from taking it in every game, because it is a team oriented spell instead of a selfish spell like flash or ignite.

If some Rioter would let me know their opinion of this idea, that would be awesome.

breadbocks

11-11-2012

Do you not read? Barrier is getting heavy nerfs when it goes in SR. Xeph has said that in dozens of posts.

j0shmo33

11-11-2012

I know it is getting heavy nerfs, but I think that this is a cool idea for it, that is all.

AlphariusRising

11-11-2012

The entire point of barrier is to be selfish, since they are changing heal to be a support skill.

And no, not everyone is going to take it, for the same reason everyone doesn't take the live heal.