Being Offline to Friends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

maficslayer293

11-11-2012

I have had a friend that always wants me to with him.... but he sucks and he makes us lose every game. I want to maintain small ties with him so I cant be blatant. Maybe put on a setting that reads as offline to viewers that i can control. Thoughts?

Mantas

11-11-2012

+1

XtremeApocalypse

11-11-2012

I'd like this too.

xephh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Why not just help him improve? I'm surrounded by subpar friends, but I strive to make each and every one of them better if they are willing to learn. If they aren't, I make it clear that I won't play with them.

I'll sacrifice some wins for friendship.

Posotoligist

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xepherian View Post
Why not just help him improve? I'm surrounded by subpar friends, but I strive to make each and every one of them better if they are willing to learn. If they aren't, I make it clear that I won't play with them.

but sometimes

you just dont want to

Jabberwock12

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

I have no proof but I feel like a red turned this idea down a while ago. But I know how you feel, a few people on my friends list as well. I always try new builds and champs when I play with them, since they get me matched with people lower than I would normally get matched with. I've learned to take those games less seriously, and sometimes it works out and I carry and win, sometimes not. But at least I worked on my jungle without everyone hating me for practicing something new, or whatever I was doing. As long as they are decent people in general I don't care. If not, they probably justify a removal anyway.

Also, take into consideration, they probably have a decent win loss ratio. But if they are at a significantly lower hidden elo than you, you are matching them up against better players, so your presence is losing them the game as well indirectly.

maficslayer293

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xepherian View Post

Yeah Im actually doing that with my friend who is completely new. But this kid has been playing longer than I have. He is just naturally bad i suppose.

Yuan Shikai

11-11-2012

So I have this one friend who is totally rageprone and one day I told him how much that sucks and that I never wanna play LoL with him again.

We are sitll the best of friends, we just do not play LoL anymore together.

Grow up, if the relation is worth maintaining you should be able to talk to him about stuff like that.

Alphazonex

11-11-2012

You can't tell him you prefer not playing with him because?

If you're really a friend with the person, be honest. Don't try and sneak around playing with them.

ton0907

11-11-2012

there's an away status in your friends list