Help calculating placement elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Okemos

11-11-2012

I need help figuring out what elo new teams start at. My friends and I for fun started a 3s team last night, and then went 8-1. I play solo que a lot so when the placement matches are over I assumed that we would be somewhere close to 1400 (the one game we lost was our 8th game). But low and behold we only ranked in at 1100ish.

Now i remember hearing that placement also is determined by everyone's elo, but im at a gold rating for solo and thought that would bring it up. Maybe i was wrong. Yet does that mean that 3s teams start out at roughly 1000 elo?

For the record, we are currently 8-1 at 1190 elo.

Boo

11-11-2012

ya what you're talking about is hidden ranked elo, and it also factors in your 3v3 ranked history. also if the people you're vsing are lower elo, then you won't get as much if you beat em

5371EI

11-11-2012

It really just depends on the teams that you fight on the way up. My friend had to go 13 and 0 and they got gold. My team only had to go 6 and 0.

youmadbroimnasty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

i think the placements are affected by your current solo que elo if ur elo is low on solo que you wont get a free gold from 5-0 3's