Banning blitzcrank in rank... WHY?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prince Xorism

11-11-2012

Morg Kass bans aren't really worth it ATM i find :P
hell even darius isn't that great of a ban.

Jayce, rengar (pre patch) were good.

Jayce Alistar Blitz are decent bans at 1200 elo because 1 good player in dem will wreak your team
insert Shen/Malp if they ban one of the above

Imperfectable

11-11-2012

Blitz is banned because, frankly, losing to Blitz-hook just feels worse than just about anything else in the entire game. To put it in Morello-speak, he's anti-fun. Even if he doesn't actually win that many games, no one really wants to play with him.

To put it another way: imagine there was a champion who was just completely awful, but his passive ability was that he had a 5% chance to cause the results of the match (the winner and the loser) to be flipped at the end. This champion would be awful and, trolling aside, there would be no good reason for anyone to ever use them; you still wouldn't want to play against them, though.

thenamesed

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
Wait, people still play Kass?
Yes, they do. I don't always ban him but when I'm not midding and I'm first pick I usually do just because people underestimate him and get snowballed late game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iainB85 View Post
I love how people's argument is that it's so easy to counter blitz if you can dodge a skill shot. By that logic, all skill shot champions must suck?

No, people good with blitzcrank (and other skill shot related champions) will force you into situations where you ARE going to hooked, OR you have to run back towards him to dodge it -- either way he wins because he now has you out of position.

As is, his kit will never be balanced.

edit: Not to mention he has a long last move speed buff which gives him the advantage of positioning himself to land it against almost any champion.
Countering him wouldn't just be by dodging his skill shots it's playing in certain way to counter him. Blitz most of the time HAS to land the grab else it'll end up bad for him other champs with skill shots if they miss it aint as bad since blitz is support laning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Vex View Post
I play support a lot and I don't like playing against a blitz, which is why I ban him. I'm sure a lot of people feel that they don't want to play against blitz or assume that their team can't dodge all the important grabs. If blitz gets through and they pick him up, I usually try to play Leona. She's great for going against blitz because pulling leona is not a very good thing - it more or less gives her free initiation onto them and she's tanky enough to survive being pulled. Then the blitz grab/knockup combo (possibly ulti too) is down and you can just initiate on the carry and win.
See this is true. But in most cases blitz is banned so much even Leona players cant even handle him because they don't remember playing vs a blitz.

Heal n Peel

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo226 View Post
One grab late game means death for pretty much every champion in the game.
And you can't dodge 100% of the time. It's not a matter of IF he gets you, it's WHEN.

Snake XT

11-11-2012

a late game blitz can pretty much ruin your day with a grab, knock up and that ult before you can flash out of it.

killswitch3ngage

11-11-2012

Single best initiating ability besides malphites ult. move along baddie

Smcl

11-11-2012

A good blitz hook can be game changing. At low elo people facetank, and if I'm not going bot lane it'd be in my best interest to ban him instead of hoping my adc/support can dodge it.

MrHedge64

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

I stopped reading when you banned amumu, darius and kassadin.

Seriously? I mean, you're kidding, right?

tehbawss

11-11-2012

Blitz makes laning hell early on, and lategame his grab is even more gamechanging.

Snake XT

11-11-2012

amumu being banned ain't bad.. as long as someone on your team grabs him if he aint banned