Banning blitzcrank in rank... WHY?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thenamesed

11-11-2012

Can anyone tell me what is up with blitzcrank in rank and everyone wanting him to ban him so far in the elo ranges from 1000~1200. My bans are always as follow= kass, shen, morg, amumu, malph, darius <- this if not already banned by the other team. I don't see no damage in not banning blitz, but it looks like I'm going to HAVE to prioritize him over any other champ. People cry about him and end up losing bot lane to him. Like really? I've played blitz and have gone vs him... it's not hard to dodge those skill shots or play it safe or even when he does grab you it ain't hard to make that grab go against their favor. I could understand in late game how dangerous he can become if he grabs someone it's game over for whoever got caught in the other hand idk how people just get raped by him in early levels...

I get people giving me negative attitude throughout the game when I don't ban him they go as far as to troll or feed and say that they are going to report me for not banning him, but since they cant they usually report me under w/e the **** they want and it's even worse when there are duo partners complaining about it because then I get reported by other people as well and enemy team too when they bad mouth me in "/all" chat.

Almost nothing I can do about it.. I mean I could try and go to riot support and explain my situation since I have been given warnings through email.. but I'm like wtf I've done nothing wrong except play the game and NOT ban one champ that bot laners want me to ban.... which doesn't always cause a loss but majority does when they cry about it.

So tell me should I give in to the blitz and just ban him 24/7 unless I play him? Or just ignore those who are oppose to me not banning him and continue to play my games.. It's usually like 3 out of 10 of my rank games I get people complaining. Which ain't much but it's constant so I'm just curious as to why... I ask them and they all reply with no answer they just complain about him being OP and how he will rape in lane and thus when game starts they end up getting raped.

Waldo226

11-11-2012

One grab late game means death for pretty much every champion in the game.

Xeynid

11-11-2012

He's not OP, but he's annoying as **** to play against and people don't want to be bothered.

Layla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenamesed View Post
My bans are always as follow= kass
Wait, people still play Kass?

12fingerJIM

11-11-2012

When people tell me to ban shen I ban teemo and pick shen myself.

iainB85

11-11-2012

I love how people's argument is that it's so easy to counter blitz if you can dodge a skill shot. By that logic, all skill shot champions must suck?

No, people good with blitzcrank (and other skill shot related champions) will force you into situations where you ARE going to hooked, OR you have to run back towards him to dodge it -- either way he wins because he now has you out of position.

As is, his kit will never be balanced.

edit: Not to mention he has a long last move speed buff which gives him the advantage of positioning himself to land it against almost any champion.

rathy Aro

11-11-2012

Blitz is a better ban than most of your other bans. Blitz gives people are hard time and makes them lose. You can say there are bad, but that's just the reality. If you don't want you team throwing, then you ban blitz.

Dodo Torpedo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

He is permabanned because of his kit.

Zuphlas

11-11-2012

Blitz is banned at all elos, just so you know.

Zyrelia

11-11-2012

I play support a lot and I don't like playing against a blitz, which is why I ban him. I'm sure a lot of people feel that they don't want to play against blitz or assume that their team can't dodge all the important grabs. If blitz gets through and they pick him up, I usually try to play Leona. She's great for going against blitz because pulling leona is not a very good thing - it more or less gives her free initiation onto them and she's tanky enough to survive being pulled. Then the blitz grab/knockup combo (possibly ulti too) is down and you can just initiate on the carry and win.