PAYED to change name, still banned for inapropriate name

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RileySupport

11-11-2012

so i payed to change my name 3 days ago
previous name: eatadick new name: rileysupport
got banned today for inapropriate name
been playing for YEARS with my previous name and this is the first time this happens, and like i said it was after i PAYED to change my name

makessense.jpg

RileySupport

11-11-2012

just an update:
i contacted support on the issue and they basicaly said:
"you were banned and its just temporary"
unacceptable.

Cuddle Me Tight

11-11-2012

Looks like you were banned for your former inappropriate name. Wich is fair indeed. If you were a bank robber during many years, and a few days after you decided to stop, you were arrested. Would it be unfair to send you to jail? No, because your former crimes deserve punishment.

Just do the time you deserve and be good when you get out.

Tasao

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkn0wn G4m3r View Post
Looks like you were banned for your former inappropriate name. Wich is fair indeed. If you were a bank robber during many years, and a few days after you decided to stop, you were arrested. Would it be unfair to send you to jail? No, because your former crimes deserve punishment.

Just do the time you deserve and be good when you get out.
I'd disagree. Bank robbery is a poor analogy. The bank robbery is an obvious crime but while not entirely applicable in this case, someone might be breaking a rule without realizing it for various reasons. So the purpose of handing out warnings before bans is entirely useless if you are still liable to be punished for things you did wrong before you realized they were wrong.

Intent is everything. Outcome is relatively minor.
(Here's a nice TED talk on why this is the more moral and more mature approach to this problem: http://www.ted.com/talks/rebecca_sax...judgments.html)

Though it's not quite applicable in this case of an obviously inflammatory name, general principle should take this guy's side.

WasabiCannon

11-11-2012

Honestly RIOT needs to remove your ban or refund your RP since if they ban you for a bad name they force a name change on you.

Red post here please.

RileySupport

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasabicannon View Post
Honestly RIOT needs to remove your ban or refund your RP since if they ban you for a bad name they force a name change on you.

Red post here please.
thats exactly what im saying....
i went out of my way to be compliant when i could have just got the ban and the name change anyway without having to pay for it

RileySupport

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasabicannon View Post

Red post here please.
I went out of my way and PAYED to be in compliance with the summoners code
im still banned.

or i could just have not changed my name and still got banned exept this time with a free name change

it doesnt make anysense