How to fight voli jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spynein

11-11-2012

Yeah I played a game as Jungle GP and I was doing pretty okay since I don't jungle often.
In the early game I noticed whenever I saw Voli and tried to 1v1 him. I won the first two fights but then a bit later I tried to fight him and he decked me. He had 0 damage items. All HP and armor. But he did huge chunks out of me. I won that game but it still surprises me how much damage he does with out any damage items.

TL;DR : Voli does damage with no damage items how do I counter this.

Thanks for reading.

TeknoWizard

11-11-2012

GP should be fairly capable of kiting him with your slow. Just don't let him bite you and you should be fine. Don't fight him. He reminds me of Nasus in this regard. He builds pure resitances and carries off of it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-11-2012

Volibear's W scales to health. It's also an execute, so it scales to his target's missing health. Also, his W's passive gives him attack speed. And that actually makes his R somewhat useful.

If you see a Volibear build an Atma's Impaler, now you know you're really in trouble.

But with health and armor, it's extraordinarily difficult to do much damage too him. One thing you can do (for now, until it gets removed) is get someone on your team to build a Madred's Bloodrazor. Also, Deathfire Grasp is useful if used at the beginning of the fight. There may be other items too, but basically you're looking for items and abilities that do percentage health based damage.

EDIT: Also, Volibear's passive. When he gets below 30% health, it heals him for 30% of his health. So a Volibear with 6,000 health essentially has more like 7,800 health that you have to chew through. And that's even more effective health when you count in armor. So another strong play against Volibear is Ignite (or any item or ability that causes reduced healing effects). Putting ignite on Volibear before his passive kicks in cuts his passives heal in half.

Spynein

11-11-2012

Thank you for the info. I never knew his w scaled with health. Might encourage me to get a more Survivability type build for gp.