Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Couldn't the item lichbane break the meta?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skevoid

11-11-2012

Quote:
Sabrestrike:
Well, the primary problem with lichbane is that it causes additional physical damage, which means that bruisers and tanks will be mitigating like 2/3s of the damage dealt by the Lich bane procs because as an AP carry you don't have a last whisper.

I thought the whole point of the original post was that you build mutiple AP champions so that your enemy was stacking MR, not armor.

AdmiralAardvark

11-11-2012

Lich requires you to be in AA range. While some mages can manage that easily (Ziggs, TF), others have a much harder time surviving while inside their own AA range.

Digitality

11-11-2012

The metagame cannot be broken, only altered.

With a game this far along in it's derivative play, only major developer changes are likely to ever make massive metagame shifts that the "Anti-meta" (I lol at the sentiment) crowd seems to want. Everything else you see will be subtle. Which season 2 was full of.

MrFoxx

11-11-2012

lich bane is too expensive to be worth using.

Digitality

11-11-2012

Quote:
Skevoid:
I thought the whole point of the original post was that you build mutiple AP champions so that your enemy was stacking MR, not armor.

Even without armor stacking, their base resistances are going to chop the effectiveness of Lich Bane down.

Firellius

11-11-2012

Quote:
Skevoid:

They don't have to stack armor to cripple Lich Bane's damage bonus...