Need advice on calming teammates down in solo queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Burkes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Team morale is huge in solo queue. For those of you in solo queue who have seen success in calming your teammates down and preventing further infighting within the team, what are some effective things to say?

I usually type "calm down, we can still win" but recently it hasn't been working. So I'd like to hear from the community as to how each of you try to keep your team intact.

In particular, I need advice on these common scenarios:

Scenario 1:

You are losing your lane, team is raging at you and/or convinced game is lost despite maybe only 2-3k gold deficit. (down a few kills, maybe 2-3 objectives)

Scenario 2:

You're winning your lane. One of the other lanes is getting completely outCSed or feeding. Teammates raging at that lane and/or jungler.

Scenario 3:

Someone on your team starts complaining about how he's been trolled/griefied/losing streak and tells your teammates they better not feed or else.

Scenario 4:

Your team is actually winning, but you have your first bad teamfight and suddenly everyone is yelling at X player(s) who misplayed.

Exile4eva

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Burkes View Post
For those of you in solo queue who have seen success in calming your teammates down and preventing further infighting within the team, what are some effective things to say?

I usually type "calm down, we can still win" but recently it hasn't been working.

I need advice on these common scenarios:

Scenario 1:

You are losing your lane, team is raging at you and/or convinced game is lost despite maybe only 2-3k gold deficit. (down a few kills, maybe 2-3 objectives)
Put them on ignore and focus hard on playing as best as you can with your current disadvantage. Play your absolute "A game"

Quote:
Scenario 2:

You're winning your lane. One of the other lanes is getting completely outCSed or feeding. Teammates raging at that lane and/or jungler.
Tell the person being raged at to put the ragers on ignore and encourage them if they seem they will listen. If they won't listen don't add more fuel to the fire by raging at them too.

Quote:
Scenario 3:

Someone on your team starts complaining about how he's been trolled/griefied/losing streak and tells your teammates they better not feed or else.
Don't respond to them whatsoever. They are looking for something to set them off.

Quote:
Scenario 4:

Your team is actually winning, but you have your first bad teamfight and suddenly everyone is yelling at X player(s) who misplayed.
Just encourage your team. Focus on telling them what they did right. Be that positive voice.

Barioth

11-11-2012

scenario 1: tell them late game your tem fights will be better, just need to keep farming.
scenario 2: diminish the effect of the losing teamate, ex: enemy can get fed but he is bad late game, allied champion is more late game so its ok, say since you are winning your lane you can afford a losing one
scenario 3: don't say anything, just ignore. usually they want atention and if you give, just make sit worse. if some of your teammates are dumb enough to feed the troll and answer him and argue with him, try changing the subject of discussion and creating a parallel talk, like what you should build mid game.
scenario 4: say that it's ok, it was a bad engage.

note all i said can be wrong and will often be a lie, you will lie to keep them calm. sometimes it was a good engage on scenario 4 but you will pretend it wasnt and say it was bad to calm them down.
overall practice human relationship and behavior, if you are an alpha this is easy.

rathy Aro

11-11-2012

Quote:
Team morale is huge in solo queue. For those of you in solo queue who have seen success in calming your teammates down and preventing further infighting within the team, what are some effective things to say?

I usually type "calm down, we can still win" but recently it hasn't been working. So I'd like to hear from the community as to how each of you try to keep your team intact.

In particular, I need advice on these common scenarios:

Scenario 1:

Apologize, admits your mistakes, and explain why you guys aren't as far behind as they think. Make it clear how and why you guys can win. Like something like "karthus will out scale their fed lux" or "we have better engages because of malphite ult". If that doesn't work, then you can only convince them by proving it also you must NOT DIE very soon after your pep speech... it kinda ****s it up >.>
Quote:
Scenario 2:

Just tell them to leave the other laner alone. Try to put the attention on how well you're doing. You may come off as a cocky ******* if you do that, but its better than having your team lose because of trolling. Also STRONGLY recommend that the teammate being abused should mute the others. I don't like that option, but sadly most people can't take verbal abuse for whatever reason. If they don't mute just make sure that for every complaint your team makes you defend that player. If they have at least one person on their side they likely won't afk.
Quote:
Scenario 3:

That's not really a problem.
Quote:
Scenario 4:

Try to deliver the same message your team is, but in a nicer more forgiving tone. After that just tell your team he knows better now and lets move on and win the game. Most people will agree and stop harpining on it.