Can I Get Banned For Saying "stay low" Repeatedly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skariy

11-11-2012

I've pretty much given up trying to argue with the people that play this game. It always ends with them screaming racial slurs, or going on and on about how they slept with my mother several times. It's also frustrating trying to type out an actual argument, and win at the same time, really just due to the fact that typing equals not playing for a brief couple of seconds

So I just tell them they're wrong and why, once, then after that if they keep arguing, I just say "stay low", and repeat that if they keep talking

This is of course a phrase that we all started saying a few years ago in World of Warcraft. Telling people to "stay low", as in stay at a low rating, because they are bad, and won't get high ratings like us. It also applies to that game's PvE progression, as well as other stuff with a rating. Normally I'd just say "stay bad", since that's a lot more general, and people have been saying that for like forever, but I'm sure someone would eventually report me for saying that, and tribunal zealots would ban me for calling someone bad. Just saying "stay low" isn't really insulting them, though, it's just telling them to stay low

So can I get banned for saying "stay low"?

Taria05

The Cello Pony

11-11-2012

Here's an idea.

Instead of saying something repeatedly that you know is riling them up, don't say anything or better yet mute them. Be the bigger man.

IS13c7fafe7804f7429d10e

11-11-2012

When I did my military service, our commander constantly told us to "stay low".

I suppose in that context it wasn't a bannable offense.

Skariy

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cello Pony View Post
Here's an idea.

Instead of saying something repeatedly that you know is riling them up, don't say anything or better yet mute them. Be the bigger man.
I wasn't raised to put a box over my head, and pretend a problem doesn't exist

Muting people doesn't solve anything

ahAbyss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

The answer is yes. If the community (via the tribunal) agrees that it is punishable then you can get warned or banned.

Skariy

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahAbyss View Post
The answer is yes. If the community (via the tribunal) agrees that it is punishable then you can get warned or banned.
Well yeah, technically you can get banned for saying anything, or even nothing, because the tribunal is a joke

I guess the real question is will anyone report me, and/or will anyone vote punish?

TofuShift

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skariy View Post
Well yeah, technically you can get banned for saying anything, or even nothing, because the tribunal is a joke

I guess the real question is will anyone report me, and/or will anyone vote punish?
I would. There's no reason to disrespect other players or put them down, that's just mean.

The Cello Pony

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skariy View Post
I wasn't raised to put a box over my head, and pretend a problem doesn't exist

Muting people doesn't solve anything
Your solution to solving a problem is to make the other people involved angrier and make the problem worse for everyone?

Is that the way you were raised? Instead of walking away from a problem that can't be solved, try to remedy it through a means you know won't work?

Barioth

11-11-2012

this again
here goes:
any qustion that starts with "can i get banned for", considering how the tribunal is today, the answer is always "yes"