3's Dedicated Jungle, Yay or Nay?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Barroomher0

11-12-2012

I've been getting a lot of **** in blind pick lately for trying to jungle (with and without smite) and 90% of my teammates have raged about it (even when it works).

Now in my personal experience, if you have a jungle and two laners that know how to play safe until ganks, jungle is preferable, but you will definitely have games where the one person has no idea how to 2v1 lane and they blame the whole game on you.

My question is whether or not you guys think having a jungler in 3s is viable or not. Secondly, if you do think its viable, what are your thoughts on smite?

I definitely thought remaking the jungle was a big part of the remake, and the xp/gold benefits would be relatively similar to the 5's meta, no?

Nzo

11-12-2012

Yay.

Too many negatives if you don't jungle. Especially if the enemy team has a jungler.

Journeyboy

11-12-2012

It depends on 2 things,

Can your 1v2 guy still farm
Can your jungle champion clear in lighting fast speeds.

If yes to both then yes, if no to 1 then it's a close call depending on how bad of a no.

Obviously having two people with solo exp and vision in your jungle on a wardless map is a great thing, if you can pull it off.

Toneth

11-12-2012

We've been running two on bot, and 1 person taking jungle and top for super farm. It's been working well in our non-ranked games. Have yet to test it in ranked.

PewPoPew12

11-12-2012

I disagree with the bruiser meta the opposing team can just push lane and invade jungle thats what my team does and we usually catch the jungler and cape the shrine around 3:30. Its to risky imo for ranked games and not enough reward it can work but if the opposing team knows how to play you will get shut down every game. Not saying it doesn't work just that you need a weak 2 ppl on the opposing team for it to work

Banzors

11-13-2012

Its a yes and no answer really, yes you should play "dedicated jungle" that said however, you will NEED to have high presence in lane, and there is no reason you shouldn't(smite-less clears are still very fast). I've noticed significantly less CS as the jungler in 3s, but if you pop out into lane often and grab 2-3 cs each time it greatly mitigates the lack of jungle camps(conversely, share your camps with your teamates so they can get more gold when you arent available to pickup a camp right on respawn)

Ashno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

you don't need a jungler tbh. but It also doesn't hurt to have one.

asarles

11-13-2012

If you have a fast jungle clear, you will gain the upper-hand in lvls and not be at risk to being ganked if you team is half decent, it will force a fight. Having a jungle with high sustain is the best situation.

PurpleURP

11-13-2012

i think its worth it to have one without smite for early levels. It gives a distinct advantage to the player who gets the 2 for 1 exp if they can still farm well enough. Later everyone gets catch as catch can works best.

Aikimiller

11-13-2012

Whether or not you have a dedicated jungler, you need to be taking advantage of the jungle camps.

Either have a lane champ that can push hard, and go clear/gank, or have a dedicated jungler to do the job. I think both strategies are viable- but are strongly team dependent.