I can't really figure it out, why does this game induce such rage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrolImanship

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razy6trix View Post
They don't realize that it's a TEAM GAME, not a single player game, so even if they don't care, there might be someone who does... but that's out of their intellectual reach. They lack consideration big time.
But if I tryhard I'm going to have to play in a slightly higher Elo than if I don't tryhard and end up just as likely to "cost my team the game" because I just plain suck.

It really is a game, so I should at least try to enjoy it.

Nononono, I'll just go out and buy Darius and Jayce and Rumble and Zyra and Orianna and Ezreal and Graves and Corki and Taric and Lulu before I play PvP games because otherwise I'm gimping my team.

Razy6trix

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrolImanship View Post
But if I tryhard I'm going to have to play in a slightly higher Elo than if I don't tryhard and end up just as likely to "cost my team the game" because I just plain suck.

It really is a game, so I should at least try to enjoy it.

Nononono, I'll just go out and buy Darius and Jayce and Rumble and Zyra and Orianna and Ezreal and Graves and Corki and Taric and Lulu before I play PvP games because otherwise I'm gimping my team.
If you are a good player and play a good X champ (say, heimer), you will still carry.

Try to keep in mind for once that this is not a single player game. If you feel like purposefully losing or simply playing "for da lulz" then there are bots, or plenty of simple player games out in the market.

Paws and Games

11-11-2012

Because this game is so team dependant that having to bear with people's incompetence means you can't do much by yourself, because you need them. Therefore the feeling of impotency and frustration.

Also, this game snowballs too easily

TrolImanship

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razy6trix View Post
If you are a good player and play a good X champ (say, heimer), you will still carry.

Try to keep in mind for once that this is not a single player game. If you feel like purposefully losing or simply playing "for da lulz" then there are bots, or plenty of simple player games out in the market.
But people who purposefully lose are quite aware this isn't a single player game... I mean, nobody would spend time purposefully losing games of Tetris... (I think)

Nessy01

11-11-2012

The reason you rage in lol is because the outcome of the game isnt entirely up to you and you have to rely on complete strangers.

UnsafeNormal

11-11-2012

When you more and more of your time on something, even something like a video game, it starts to mean more and more, and your emotional attachment to it grows.