I can't really figure it out, why does this game induce such rage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeatRushVII

11-11-2012

I'm fairly quiet in most of my games; however, just because im quiet, doesn't mean im not feeling nerd rage in real life, i just dont put it to key.

The thing is, i don't usually get angry in regards to games. I've played tons of online games that require team work, but they have never gotten under my skin as much as this game does.

If a party wiped while doing a dungeon in PWI i just shrugged it off, rezzed everyone and kept playing.

If i got pk'd over and over in RFO i just moved to another spot or something, hell, getting pk'd was fun in a lot of cases

If people wouldn't focus the right target during race war and the bellato won AGAIN i just went on my way and kept right on playing.

If i died from over pulling in aion i just laughed about how stupid it was that i pulled so many and go get my exp back

But when i lose a close game, or get leavers/trolls in THIS game i get so aggravated its not even funny...what is it about lol?

Scarlet Flandre

11-11-2012

They not be eating waffles for breakfast
Attachment 556181

Ryzu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

It's cause your forced to play/socialize with a group of people you mostly wouldn't ever like. They are stupid, slow minded, and most of all stubborn. There you go.

Snake XT

11-11-2012

I rage in FPS games.. like Battlefield and Counter Strike.. This game is just so different and refreshing that I don't rage. Maybe because for once in a game teamwork prevails. Most of the time.

Uber Slay

11-11-2012

Want to almost never rage at LoL again?

Turn off all chat then mute your team at the beginning of the game and try your best.

Exile4eva

11-11-2012

I only rage when we have family board game night and I can't be ****ING CAR IN MONOPOLY I DON'T WANT TO BE THE ****ING BOOT.

smokemyblackpole

11-11-2012

Emotional contagion i.e. when people around you are feeling negative and raging it will make you be more inclined to feel the same way. Not very hard concept to grasp but most of the people in this game are ragers or negative people for whatever reason so it probably rubs off on you.

BeatRushVII

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Ray Jmoarkidz View Post
Emotional contagion i.e. when people around you are feeling negative and raging it will make you be more inclined to feel the same way. Not very hard concept to grasp but most of the people in this game are ragers or negative people for whatever reason so it probably rubs off on you.

If that is true it still bodes the question, why does lol have such a high number of these people

Razy6trix

11-11-2012

Because:

Clash of casual vs competitive. It happens a lot in this game.

Some people don't give a **** because it's normal, custom, dominion or even ranked. because it's a game.

They don't realize that it's a TEAM GAME, not a single player game, so even if they don't care, there might be someone who does... but that's out of their intellectual reach. They lack consideration big time.

Also, since it's a team game, you rely on others, more than in other mobas AFAIK. So if someone is simply not up to the task, you will lose because of that weak link even if you gave your best, and that can be very frustrating.

Team games based on people you've never met before... I dunno who thought of that design, but it's a problem that will never go away.

Seraphy

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatRushVII View Post
I'm fairly quiet in most of my games; however, just because im quiet, doesn't mean im not feeling nerd rage in real life, i just dont put it to key.

The thing is, i don't usually get angry in regards to games. I've played tons of online games that require team work, but they have never gotten under my skin as much as this game does.

If a party wiped while doing a dungeon in PWI i just shrugged it off, rezzed everyone and kept playing.

If i got pk'd over and over in RFO i just moved to another spot or something, hell, getting pk'd was fun in a lot of cases

If people wouldn't focus the right target during race war and the bellato won AGAIN i just went on my way and kept right on playing.

If i died from over pulling in aion i just laughed about how stupid it was that i pulled so many and go get my exp back

But when i lose a close game, or get leavers/trolls in THIS game i get so aggravated its not even funny...what is it about lol?
im exactly the same : /
All throughout my time on wow i never raged once. even getting screwed over on loot etc. But i rage on lol. wtf