Please GOD can we be original.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnightxSScarlett

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodypoody View Post
ranked however its a different story, ranked is about winning, if you dont wana play the meta, then play normals because thats where it belongs
And there's your problem right there. Nothing will happen to the meta if you never play it in ranked. So stop being unoriginal and try something new for once in a ranked game. The power of one person consistently going against the meta is stronger than you think.

But no. You're one of those people that believe that the meta is the only way to play ranked. Which is why you'll forever be part of the flock of metasheep.

If you can explain why the meta works, then you can find the obvious flaws in the meta, no? Understanding terrorism is the first step to stopping it. So I don't see why you're a metasheep in the first place.

KingSnafu

11-11-2012

if you want how the meta should work go here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2786862

boodypoody

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
And there's your problem right there. Nothing will happen to the meta if you never play it in ranked. So stop being unoriginal and try something new for once in a ranked game. The power of one person consistently going against the meta is stronger than you think.

But no. You're one of those people that believe that the meta is the only way to play ranked. Which is why you'll forever be part of the flock of metasheep.

If you can explain why the meta works, then you can find the obvious flaws in the meta, no? Understanding terrorism is the first step to stopping it. So I don't see why you're a metasheep in the first place.
i use the meta because i have no problem with it, do i wish someone could go like ahri/ xin zhao bot? sure why not. you seem to think im like the tea party of the metagame that i will kick and scream if the meta start going away.

i use it because it works, League ranked is about winning and self-ego

normals is about having fun and enjoying yourself and trying something new and fun.

i still yet have no respect for you because you are attacking me and not the topic. i do wish you would take a class on critical thinking and forming arguments because the number 1 rule in arguments is to not attack the person, attack the argument, if you attack the person your getting no where besides looking like an ******

hey guess what man, every single video game and every single real life sport has a meta

in football, do you want some 5foot 1, 130 pounds wimpy kid as your tackle? or the 250 pounds of fat and muscle standing 6 foot 7? OMG NO WAY THATS META

lemme put it in a way you can understand, it seems you keep using pokemon references, lemme ask this, would you use a lightining type pokemon against an earth type?? if you wana win that fight hell no OMG NO WAY ITS META

and dont even say "well im a hipster so would i use that cus i like to be different"

just please get out because your bringing nothing to this topic besides being an annoyance

but if you can form an argument that supports your idea without calling me names then thats fine, but the problem is that i somewhat agree with you, but i dont believe the meta is ruining the game, i believe you can never not have meta, there will always be a better way to do things in a strategical game. but i do agree that in some ways some forms in some cases you can break the meta and get away with it

but i have to ask you something, if you can explain to me in full how the game can lose its meta then +1 Internets for you, because i believe there will always be a meta and theres no way to stop it

xParadox420

11-11-2012

Meta is Suggested but there are other things that play factors such as runes and masteries. Yeah, Its the Meta because its the most likely succesful , But There are better ways to build then meta. Iv'e played meta caitlyn and failed hard till i found a successful build which many would say is a troll.. This is how i run caitlyn

pure ad
merc tread / greaves
IE
PD
Blood thirster
Witt's end/ Last Whisper.
Gaurdian angel or another IE

The thing is that you must build according to what the enemy is building. If you're going for a meta AD and the enemy is stacking tons of armor youll be useuless with no AP. People would **** their pants if they suddenly see that the meta fails hard for most people most of the time.

Dictatorforlife

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodypoody View Post
you fail to realize one thing. the meta is there for a reason

best odds of winning

let me make an example here. in blackjack the idea is to beat the dealer. lets say you get 2 10's or 2 face cards and the dealer has and 8 showing (most likely it will be a face card underneath) now you have the 2nd best hand in the game, a 20. you have the ability to split the 2 10's or 2 face cards and have the potential to win double the money. however it could completely back fire on you and you could get 2 4's to make your winning hand from 20 to 14, you have just completely ****ed yourself in winning that round. however it could go the other way, you could get 2 aces and get 2 21's and win double the money you originally had.

the moral of the story is having the best odds of winning

the reason why bruiser top, ap mid, brusier/assassin/tank jungle then adc/support is the meta. is because AD carrys scale better off money than levels, they are also weak 1v1 and weak to ganks without a babysitter. the only "safe" ad carries would be ez and graves because of their slight mobility. AP carries however scale so much better to levels than gear 1-8. and they are usually safe because most AP carries are either very mobile or have a CC and mid lane is smaller compared to bot or top

now for top lane, bruisers fit into this role because almost all but not all of them must have 2 of 3 things

1. sustain

2. tankiness

3. CC and mobility

the reason behind this is because top lane is isolated and have the same length as bot lane, but you dont have a babysitter so you must fend for yourself against jungle and mid ganks, so you have to be able to survive those, or out right get out of a potential 1v3 gank

you also might ask "WELL BOODY WHY CANT YOU JUST PUT AN AP CARRY TOP, THEY HAVE CC AND MOBILITY" well kind sir, theres a reason to that, ONLY NON-MANA AP CARRYS CAN GO TOP for 1 simple reason, your far as **** from blue which is what most AP carries depend on for farming and harrasment

jungle is self explanatory if i have to explain why junglers need to either be a GP5 tanks or great gap closing bruisers/assasins then you need to play this game more

hope this clears everything up for you

the only way meta would change if the properties of these roles change. IE ad carrys start scaling better off levels than items, then maybe that would change

you could also say "well boody i 5 man queued with my friends and went all 5 tanks and we won"

im not saying other team comps dont win games, im saying the other team sucked and didnt know how to handle 5 tanks or you guys just may of just straight up out played them in everyway and was a close but good fight..

but what im saying is that if the other team was a AD/support bot, AP mid, top bruiser jungle tank/assasin/bruiser then they just straight up didnt do their jobs right or had a poor team comp. most likely the only way to get 5 tanks with a 5 man queue is to go blind pick. in draft pick if i saw the first 3 picks all tanks, id picked my team comp around anti-tanks....

in short non-meta team comps work, but not as often as the meta works

odds of winning friends... learn that
I lol'd. Most tryhard post ever. Maybe if you organized your thoughts and didn't come off as a pretentious fool I would have laughed less. Thanks for giving me the best completely irrelevant, off-topic blackjack experience in story form. I could really feel the ocean breeze and I almost heard the caw of seagulls in the distance. Honest. Also thanks for reiterating that junglers belong in the jungle because of this meta thing that makes it so teams win more when junglers are in the jungle.

xParadox420

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictatorforlife View Post
I lol'd. Most tryhard post ever. Maybe if you organized your thoughts and didn't come off as a pretentious fool I would have laughed less. Thanks for giving me the best completely irrelevant, off-topic blackjack experience in story form. I could really feel the ocean breeze and I almost heard the caw of seagulls in the distance. Honest. Also thanks for reiterating that junglers belong in the jungle because of this meta thing that makes it so teams win more when junglers are in the jungle.
Lol

KnightxSScarlett

11-11-2012

I can toss your words back at you boodypoody. You're suggesting people play by the meta because it exists, you are providing nothing new to the conversation, and you are the reason I /ignore all.

The best players can play by the not meta and still win. I can play champions outside their roles and still carry my team. What can you do? You can do the same thing over and over again and pretend you're having fun. But you play the meta and you win the game, is it a good win? Or is it an empty win because you've pretty much played the same game over and over again?

Playing by the meta promotes staleness. Football is boring. Soccer is boring. Baseball... boring. All of these major sports are horrendously boring because they're so repetitive, but that's the way their rules were built. In league, you have a chance to leave your own impact on "the rulebook". Why play by the rules when you can make your own? Are you going to fail sometimes? Definitely. But I think you'll find that it's more rewarding to play for fun and win than it is to play by the meta and win.

tl;dr : Learn to play the game, not the meta. Adapt and evolve.

Valor Shincie

11-11-2012

Quote:
boodypoody
No offence but if your losing to meta you must suck and not know how to beat it. Put Riven mid against most burst mages and watch them drop like flies, put a AP carry/burst mage and fighter against your AD carry and tank. Watch them drop. These things i know can counter the meta. giving away your strategy i say far the worst thing you can do in this game. If you know what your enemy will do think and react you can in theory control them.

I say this if this was checkers and i know your gonna wait for the double jump to get the king im gonna counter you. In a way this a RTS so doing the same thing over and over is silly.

I understand you some what but meta will not even slightly increase your chances of winning if you're smart enough to realize that everyone with be running it, every carry rushing infin, just about every mid going DFG, going a fighter top. I know this, i see it as war, if your putting all your snipers in the forest i will burn it to the ground!(bad analogy i know)

Meta is there as a guideline not law it does not increase your chance of winning or make you a better player. Skill makes you a good player, team communication gives you a better chance of winning. Its just people know nothing but meta. If you werent there when meta was being made you wouldnt know, but if your a meta baby i understand where your coming from you wouldnt know anything els.

Drunkenbull

11-12-2012

Bottom line is that most that complain about meta are usually the terrible players who can't handle the game and troll pick champions and summoners because they want to do what they want and ruin the other 4 peoples game so please don't come to ranked with that way of thinking people in ranked want to have a competitive game not some troll pick that makes us lose

Slashinghardest

11-12-2012

I imagine meta breakers are people who wanna play who they want when they want which doesn't really bother me because I just started taking my favourite CC tanks as supports cause I was sick of the role, but there has to be some thought into what the team needs. The meta balances out damage types pretty well which is something I appreciate about it anf if you wanna break it go ahead just try to compensate for the losss of your apc or adc by taking high phys or mag damage champions.