Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Maybe it's time to do something about AFK/DCing in Ranked Games

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FlyingHenanMan

Junior Member

11-11-2012

Recently I've been playing ranked games to get the S2 rewards, but kept getting someone DC or AFK, and as a result, I lost about 100 points in games where people AFKed.

I don't think it is fair for someone who played a 4v5 game hard and lost to lose the same amount of points with someone who made them 4v5. Thus I've come up with an idea to deal with those AFK players.The algorithm is simple:

If the losing team is about to lose X points in total, the AFKer lose the most, like 70%, of the points, and the rest of the team lose 30% in total, in other words, 7.5% on each individual.

For example:
A, B, C, D, E are playing in a team in a ranked game, and because A AFKed, the team is about to lose.
According to the algorithm now, each of them lose 12 points.
According to the new algorithm, A lose 12*5*70%=42 points, and 12*5*7.5%=5(4.5 actually) is lost for B, C, D, E.

In my opinion, this can help with the AFK problem.


1