Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Syndra- Why the Hate?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lAmTurtle

11-11-2012

After looking for some considerable time into a new AP champion to buy, I mostly disregarded Syndra due to negative votes about her. However, I tried her in PBE and looked at her ability stats in comparion to the much loved: Ziggs...
If both champions end their build with 600 AP (typical of an APC), Zigg's Q never does over 50 more damage than Syndra's Q (at rank 5, Syndra's Q does more damage than Zigg's Q) whilst her Q has a constantly shorter CD until rank 5 and constantly costs less mana, Zigg's E in comparison to Syndra's W is much less reliable in terms of damage due to the fact that about 50% of the damage is easily avoided, and her W has a much shorter CD (I do understand Zigg's E can zone and set up choke points), Zigg's W loses on the exact same amount of damage to Syndra's E as she loses on her Q to his Q (so that puts the damage in Syndra's favor with her W), Syndra's E constantly has a shorter CD, has more reliable cc and has a built in stun if need be along with the knock back. Zigg's ult understandably does much more AOE damage with a much larger range. But Syndra's ult has FAR higher potential single-target damage and has a massive AOE stun to follow up with her E in teamfights, which Ziggs does not have. So, with that settled and proven that Syndra does more damage in a normal burst than Ziggs to a single target, why is Syndra so hated in the community?

Valenten

11-11-2012

cause to use effectively it does take some skill to play her and maximize her damage for her ult.

TheGrandDuelist

11-11-2012

Because she's not easy of course.

lAmTurtle

11-11-2012

Quote:
UnsafeNormal:
Because she's not easy of course.

Thats not what I'm talking about :P Lots of people say she just isn't capable of doing damage.

Valenten

11-11-2012

Quote:
lAmTurtle:
Thats not what I'm talking about :P Lots of people say she just isn't capable of doing damage.

actually her not doing damage is directly correlated with her being more difficult to play. in order to maximize her damage she has to have 3 or 4 orbs out which total or 6 or 7 orbs for her ult. which in most team fights you can usually get 2 out then ult. i mean she has INSANE damage potential but it takes some skill to use her properly and most people dont want to take the time to learn a champion and would rather play the easy champs that faceroll with no effort.

Snoozealot

11-11-2012

Syndra is hard to play, and has .5 escape abilities. The knock back is not that great concerning every champion released seems to have a dash/blink. In order to stun she has to combo 2 moves together, which makes her mana hungry.

HipsterLogic

11-11-2012

Too much micro managing in a fight for Syndra, and Ziggs passive makes his basic attack do extra dmg.

Malgana

11-11-2012

The reason people think her damage is lacking is because it was when she was released, but she got a buff THAT APPARENTLY EVERYONE ON THE PLANET DIDN'T SEE so they continue to hate on her.

It's seriously annoying when I try to play her and get dodged or trolled because idiots didn't pay attention to the patch notes.

Stomach God

11-11-2012

She is alot better since the QOL changes

Madotsuki

11-11-2012

No pro players picked her in a tourney yet.
Got to wait for someone with a big name to do well with before any decent amount of other people also begin using her. . - .
I personally like her, the changes she got make her seem pretty viable, imo.