Is talon overpowered in this patch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KNightHenry

11-10-2012

I've countered Talon at mid lane and top lane many times these few week, and the one thing that i reckoned is talon is too powerful against any type of champion. I think this is something that riot should fix, do u?

Rykaal

11-10-2012

I never saw any buffs for Talon recently. maybe you just got outplayed by a ridiculously skilled player? It can happen. Talon is in a balanced state mostly right now, So no real need for buffs or nerfs. Also if you can counterpick him, WHY are you complaining?

Mindllapse

11-10-2012

I have been climbing ELO playing Talon mid when I see the other team doesn't pick a mid that counters Talon. My last two Talon games are 15-3-13 and 18-8-12. My team in those games were not doing well at all (every lane was losing except me at mid).

The hardest part to beat a Talon mid when you don't counterpick him is not dying to him. Usually I am losing the lane from level 1-3 due to being zoned and my spells not strong enough to trade against the opponent, but at level 4 it becomes an even fight.

Usually I will E+Q+W on them to get their health a bit low, and then tell my jungler to get ready to gank. I then let my health drop on purpose to make the opponent more confident that he is winning, and then I E+Q+W in again while my jungler also goes in, and it's a kill.

After that one kill I can destroy the mid opponent every time he comes back and kill for other lanes, and keep killing and ganking and killing to end the game at 20-30 minutes.

Talon snowballs incredibly well and can carry the game to end pretty early. However, if the opponent team adapts and plays carefully and wards everywhere and takes it to lategame, then Talon is going to be much weaker and I will probably lose the game.

So Talon will either GG the game early, or lose the game. It's not OP as long as your team adapts to this fact and doesn't let him snowball.

Keep in mind that, against Talon, you need to not play like you play against other mid champs. Getting into his blink range to get that extra 3 minions is not worth him blowing up your health. Even if Talon is outfarming you, you still win the lane as long as you don't die because he is dependent upon killing you to snowball

Capitol12

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykaal View Post
Also if you can counterpick him, WHY are you complaining?
I think he meant "encountered" ?...maybe? idk

And talon gets beat pretty hard by any bruiser/tank. As of now he is hard countered by armor since he has no variety of skill damage, only AD

in the new patch they are making it easier to counter Armor with a.pen changes but Talon will always be squishy with high burst which just requires a bit of care when dealing with him.

AlexxShadow

11-11-2012

Usually you want to send your top mid instead against Talon

Talon is one of my favorite champions but he's extremely item reliant and if he's not fed He can be easily shut down at the very least if your having trouble with him invest in a Chain mail for 700 gold and Co-operate with your jungle to take him down

As for is Talon overpowered? No I think he's just a great counter but I do believe skill matters more
In fact if anything I think he's a little underpowered considering He either performs extremely well or mediocre at best