Magic Pen masteries for Corki?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enygm4

11-10-2012

Is it worth it?
I go for 23/0/7 with the magic pen and havoc.
And mana regen for utility, is this bad?

Capitol12

11-10-2012

for corki and ezreal i go 21/0/9 without the 6 armor pen mastery and only 1 point of lifesteal mastery

You get 10% a pen and 10% m pen

The runic affinity helps because they both do so well with red/blue if they can pick one up somewhere.

IKorey

11-10-2012

Yes this is bad and you should feel bad.

Seriously do the math on havoc, even if you do like 2000 dmg havoc only gives 30 bonus damage. It's useless just take it off.

1.5% of 2000 = 30 (google if you like)

Also just manage your mana, it's a skill you need to learn and you shouldn't spoon feed yourself by getting magic masteries, it's just a waste. I suggest 21/9/0 for the more hp and armor in lane.

Enygm4

11-11-2012

But if we are doing math look at this.
Havoc + Executioner + Corki's passive = 1.5% + 6% + 10% true damage it's amazing.

Enygm4

11-11-2012

And the armor its good but the health? 100 Aprox at 18 + 30 at level 1 it sucks

paintmania101

11-11-2012

Runes and masteries really affect early game and tend to fade as the game goes on. Imo it's what kind of difference they can make right out of the gate because of the snowballing nature of the game.

So give me the armor and extra health up front, and realize that as an adc my skills become less viable as the game progresses.

Also no magic pen because I don't rely on any magic damage. Any that I do is a nice bonus but I need the physical damage to be what i scale on and my source of early to late game damage comes from.

Drekus

11-11-2012

not at all bad it helps your early game burst. Remember, If you can land an auto-attack you can land a Q (phosphorous bomb). This allows for heavy burst on bottom lane if paired with a Sona power chord. I run 21/0/9 grabbing points for the magic pen and armor pen in the offense tree then run the AD side of the offensive tree the rest of the way. Mana Regen and movement speed in utility tree just in case you find yourself out of mana this may save you giving you the little bit you need for a Valkyrie. Or you can run 21/9/0 which is just giving you the armor and health regen to win trades.