Champion Recommendations?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gerikk

11-10-2012

I've been playing for about a month now, and still haven't found that wow factor with any of the champions, at least on the magnitude I'd want.

I've mostly played tanky characters when they were free/impulse bought (Garen, Alistar, Blitzcrank, Volibear, Nautilus, Taric) and while I don'y mind being the tank, I'm not sure it's 100% the play style for me.

I like sweeping AoE abilities the best, and to be able to competently fight in the very front of the action.

Any ideas?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-10-2012

Jax, Riven, Darius, Jayce, Jarvan, Xin Zhao, Renekton, Wukong.

Crazy Crann

11-10-2012

It's tricky to find tanky AoE champions, but perhaps Cho'Gath, Nasus, and Nunu might be to your liking? Nunu, in particular, has an AoE ability with the chance to really change the flow of a game.

Also consider Morgana. She has a few abilities that I think you would really enjoy and is generally tougher to drop than most casters - and it might be worth giving her a spin for the change in gameplay as well.

lastchancexi

11-10-2012

Karthus might be great here. He's all about going upfront and doing huge amounts of damage, and then dying.

Etherimp

11-10-2012

Cho'gath, Mordekaiser.

Mordekaiser = Tanky AP + tons of AOE abiltiies
Cho'Gath = Tanky AP + tons of AOE abilities

Play Cho'gath Top Lane or jungle and Mordekaiser Mid (Can also top lane but not as well as he used to.)

Elodin

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerikk View Post
I like sweeping AoE abilities the best, and to be able to competently fight in the very front of the action.

Any ideas?

Riven.

You want Riven.

Magus Crow

11-11-2012

Riven or Renekton are the two that most come to mind with that description.

Rezo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Skarner, instructions to play skarner: look at build on solomid.net, keep right clicking enemy, set e to smart cast, mash QWE over and over.

You are now a decent player.

NullAurelian

11-11-2012

Why not Amumu, just out of curiosity? Linear CC, damage reduction, AoE damages and AoE snare.
Otherwise I'd agree with most of what is up there already.