League of Legends - the Canadian Scene

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zblugg

12-05-2012

I'd have to look into this. It seems like it could be done even in Quebec; it'd just have to be according to their rules. Plus there's no harm in sending a friendly email to the Minstère des Lotteries et des Jeux, right?

I'll see if I can find time for this.

MaskedCrusader10

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zblugg View Post
I'd have to look into this. It seems like it could be done even in Quebec; it'd just have to be according to their rules. Plus there's no harm in sending a friendly email to the Minstère des Lotteries et des Jeux, right?

I'll see if I can find time for this.
Wow man, you're awesome, you don't know how grateful I am for this.

Wakku

12-05-2012

I have no expectations that Riot could or should have any involvement in building a tournament scene in Canada. That's all on the backs of the players. I'm pretty new to the scene so I don't know about any Ontario or Quebec tournaments for LoL, but maybe they're out there and just haven't really blown up yet.

Or maybe you can bug Lap Chi from Canada Cup Gaming to get some LoL and SC2 in his annual tourneys. The man has big visions, and fighting games are relatively niche compared to other markets...

MaskedCrusader10

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakku View Post
I have no expectations that Riot could or should have any involvement in building a tournament scene in Canada. That's all on the backs of the players. I'm pretty new to the scene so I don't know about any Ontario or Quebec tournaments for LoL, but maybe they're out there and just haven't really blown up yet.

Or maybe you can bug Lap Chi from Canada Cup Gaming to get some LoL and SC2 in his annual tourneys. The man has big visions, and fighting games are relatively niche compared to other markets...
That is rather interesting, even though I never heard about his Canada Cup Gaming before this day, it would be a good idea to try out. :P

MaskedCrusader10

12-05-2012

Bump

Wakku

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedCrusader10 View Post
That is rather interesting, even though I never heard about his Canada Cup Gaming before this day, it would be a good idea to try out. :P
Yeah, it's something you wouldn't really hear of if you're not involved in fighters, but it's growing. Lap Chi has been paying to get a lot of international fighters to come to Canada and get some really good hype going for the tournaments, included regional team 5v5 tournaments for Street Fighter.. Team Canada, Korea, US, Japan, Europe, etc. Really good stuff.

Would be just as hype if it was for LoL as well

DeDeDeEmbattel

MaskedCrusader10

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitopia1 View Post
^

Jean-François Mercier is just TOO funny if you like his humour xD.

He's a bit "harsh" towards the English Speakers... okay really offensive, but he's still really fun to listen to nonetheless, or at least for Québécois..! lol, he's not to be taken seriously most of the time, but his idea of Stephen Harper remains similar to everyone's, lol.

Pheanus

12-05-2012

Really interested in this. We could use an event here

MaskedCrusader10

12-05-2012

Bump