"Failed to Connect": Firewall problem? Or not?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChickenUpgrade

10-05-2010

All of tonight I've been getting into games, picking my character, waiting for the timer to run out...and then the game refuses to load for me.

The super-awesome "LEAGUE OF LEGENDS" logo pops up in the middle of my screen, but that's it.

And then I get an error saying:

"Failed to Connect

Unable to connect to the server. If you have a firewall, it may be blocking the connection. Please refer to your firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry the connection? Retry/Cancel"

Now, I've tried allowing LoL's client/loader as exceptions to my firewall. I've tried outright disabling my firewall. I've angrily smashed "league of legends firewall" into that there google, looking for solutions, and have so far been unsuccessful.

Can somebody knowledgeable on this error please help me out? I keep joining queue and starting games to test whether or not the error is still fixed, but nothing happens, and the rest of my team probably plays gimped at 4v5 for the entire game because of it. I don't want to break the Summoner's Code, but any leaving I'm doing is the result of this error, which is probably because of the update (I had played games before the patch with no problems). Therefore, I consider myself a victim of an oppressive self-perpetuating system and am prepared to sue for reparations to my family tree. Please help me.

ArrOzZ

10-05-2010

I am having the same problem... plz someone help us... i am going to die if i dont play today :S

ArrOzZ

10-05-2010

I am having the same problem... plz someone help us... i am going to die if i dont play today :S

chickensoupzzz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-05-2010

exactly the same problem here, i tell you, i am right now getting 12 left for this problem in total. if you keep reconnect to the game, you will get around 20 failure for 1 success, even if u can play the game, it would be *************** lag alright.....

Nyhilus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2010

I am having the same problems.

Uninstalled League of Legends, reinstalled, and still not working.

I've allowed League of Legends to bypass my Firewall and I'm 100% sure I'm connected to the Internet.

Is there a solution to this?

P.S. I have checked the "common fixes" thread too, but the solution provided there did not help me.

ArrOzZ

10-05-2010

well i guess we should wait till someone help us :S

Necessitous

10-05-2010

Are you located at Rutgers University? If so you're not alone

caetay

10-05-2010

I too have this problem and no, Im not at Rutgers.

After forcing the game a bit to load, I got this.

Now I'm confused.

Damond

10-06-2010

I also get the 'Failed to Connect to PvP server' message, except my client doesn't even get past the loading screen (after I try to enter my user and pass). What's going on here? The client worked fine like six hours ago, and I got to even play a game. But now it doesn't even load. I even restarted my computer and reinstalled LoL.

blackdude600

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necessitous View Post
Are you located at Rutgers University? If so you're not alone
Im at rutgers, just woke up to try and play and i get the League of Legends thing on my screen but then nothing happens